Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Posting the Restricted Batch stock to Blocked stock type at GR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have the following scenario:

The material is batch managed at material level.

An STO is raised between 2 plants/sites.A outbound delivery doc.(OBD)is created in the Supply site via VL10G.Then a 641 Transfer to Stock in Transit(SIT) (of the supplying plant )movement is posted against the OBD .Until this point in time the batch is Un restrited use type.

Due to some quality issues in any site/plant, the material batch is set to Restricted use via MSC2N.Since batch management is at material level , it sets Batch restriction across (incl. at the SIT ).

Once the goods arrive at the WH of the receiving plant,  a GR 101 is done to SIT of the receiving plant/Site /SLoc.Though batch is restricted use at this stage, the Batch stock in the receiving plant is posted to the Unrestricted use stock type

But the client requirement is to automatically post the above 101 GR in receiving site/plant/SLoc to Blocked stock type when the batch is still in restricted use.

Question:Do you know if there is any enhancement /BaDi in MIGO GR 101 that can automatically post o blocked stock type when related batch is in Restricted use ?

Pl note client is running SAP Retail ECC 6.0

Advise greatly appreciated

Thanks

Ranganath

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member185450
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ranganath,

As suggested by the forum members you can achieve this requirement through the quality enable

please maintain the specific quality certificate for this material in that quality certificate configuration maintain without inspection lot stock posted to Blocked stock

in this situation stock will directly posted to the blocked stock

other wise please update on the GR Blocked stock concept through this if you try to do the GR for desired material stock will directly posted to Blocked then Quality team will take a decision for moving the stock

Regards,

Venkatesh

anand_rao3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'll ask few functional questions,

1. Once you posted 641 movement how you do quality inspection physically because when you posted 641 it means the consignment was all set to be be dispatched with all checks.
  2. If you still find any quality issue why you still allow the consignment to deliver in another plant? Can't you simply reverse 641 movement and put the batch in blocked stock for further analysis?
  3. I suggest, instead of going for some enhancement here, you should think to implement the functionality of QM module either at the time of dispatch or at receiving plant to achieve this control. Doing some enhancement for this exception might affect some standard functionality we have never thought!

Anand

busyaban7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ranganath,

Form your explanation, it seems you are not be really using quality steps in your process, else there would have been no possibility of thinking to post stock without going through 'Quality" loop. Isn't it?

Now I guess, only with MvT alone you may not be able to do the auto posting of 'Restricted' stock type to 'Blocked' stock type in MMBE. You may need to check for additional enhancements as well.

You can explore the below EXIT/BAPI/BADI -

MBCF0005    Material document item for goods receipt/issue slip

MB_DOCUMENT_BADI

BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE

For further details, please can explore with your MM consultant in order to get the appropriate enhancement to build in.

Thanks,

Arijit

nitin_jinagal
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Look into movement 103 instead of 101

ntn

former_member218067
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is the Client using Quality component? I mean are you creating QI Lot on receipt, followed by RR , UD process?

Diwakar