cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mandate the field Recipient in CJ20N, add drop down list and enter a new field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I got a request to make the Recipient field mandatory for material component and add drop down list in CJ20N.

I tried the path SPRO - SAP Reference IMG - Project System - Structures - operative structures - network -  User Interface Settings - Define Field selection for Networks.

Failed : It effects only to the activity level not on Material component.

I also tried spro > materials managment > purchasing > purchase requisition > define screen layout at document level

Failed : It will make the field mandatory when we will create PR from ME51N, no effect in CJ20N.

Please suggest me something which will help me out to

1. Make the recipient field mandatory

2. Drop down list in Recipient field

3. Add new field for asset number.

Waiting for your quick response.

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Sachin Kakkar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Are you targeting the correct field selection.??

I want to focus on step 2 that you have followed. Well, could you please cross check few settings.

1. If you are creating PR from CJ20N, then do you have a separate document type. If yes, then it should be assigned in field selection group in MM configuration. In IMG Menu you can find it under

Materials Management --> Purchasing --> Purchase Requisition --> Define Document Types.

Just check which field selection is being used with your current document type. Is it NBB or ME51N?

2. Search for that particular field selection in "Define screen layout at screen layout at document level.

3. Just look if RESBD-WEMPF (Recipient) field is visible in any of the cases. If yes, then make it mandatory.

4. If not, then go to Logistics-General->Material Master->Field Selection->Assign fields to field selection group. Here you need to take help of MM guy. Just ask him/her to add the field RESBD-WEMPF.

5. Then Recheck the whole process once again.

Now, as far as your other two requirements are concerned then you need to ask your techno guy to help you in this.

else check the user exit as suggested by Sunil Yadav.

Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit

I have check the SPRO settings as you said.

But i didn't find the recipient field on that.

Thanks

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have made the recipient filed mandatory from transaction variant.

Thanks for your replies.

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

please check user exit as below:

CNEX0009 Material components in network

CNEX0038 enhancement for Material Components

this should work for any field in material component under activity.

thanks

Sunil

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

In spro > materials managment > purchasing > purchase requisition > define screen layout at document level

Try to maintain transaction CJ20N and check whether you can control

Regards

Terence

sammar81
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

You would need to take help from your technical person to achieve all the three points..

You can enhance the Component screen for adding asset number and adding drop-down values to the recipient field and making it mandatory.. You cannot achieve all these with standard configuration..

Regards

Sammar