cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of Automatic created Material reservation from SAP PS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please suggest me, if there is any way to delete automatic reservation created from CJ20N.

Tried MBVR - but it will delete only manual reservation created from MM.

also tried to activate deletion indicator in RESB table, it will mark as delete in MB25 and but there will be no effect on assigned budget.

Please help me if there is any way to delete auto-created MR's or to set indicator which will delete the reservation, if not use for next 30 days.

Waiting for your reply,

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Sachin Kakkar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sachin

Assuming that you are aware of the transaction 'CN22' which can be used to delete the components of a network, you can implement BDC on the same with the help of your ABAPer.

Let me know if any further help is needed. I have implemented it myself (being an ABAPer) and it works.

Regards

Sid

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

kenmelching
Active Contributor

On the material component set the Final Issue indicator, that will kill the reservation.

For the last request you will need a custom program to check and set the correct indicator.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sid,

Thanks or you valuable inputs.

But i have a doubt regarding the budget return.

Is this also be helpful to return budget from assigned to distributable?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Sachin,

It will free up the budget. You can check the same using CJ31 pre and post deleting the reservation.

As far as deleting the reservation if unused for 30 days is concerned, you gotta schedule a job to run this report once a month and get those reservations deleted.

Regards

Sid

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sid,

Its working fine,..

I have created BDC with the help of ABAPER with condition

1. If reservation is unused it will delete the same.

2. If reservation was partially used then program will match the requirement quantity with withdrawn quantity..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Sorry i was busy for a while,

I need to delete the Reservation, so that the assigned budget will also minimize.

IF there is a reservation of XXXX material with Price 100 of quantity 2 = 200

So if i delete that full reservation, then budget of 200 should also be decreased.

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, eliminating the material reservation (you will need to delete the material assignment to the network activity) will release the budget.  When you attach a material assignment to a network it assigns the budget.  Deleting the material assignment will free up the budget.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have tried to tick final issue in CJ20N first, but it is not deleting any reservation even not returning the assigned budget.

By doing this Final Issue tick, system just restrict you to not issue any quantity against that reservation.

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are saying that the reservation still visible to MRP?  The reservation isn't deleted, it is just not considered by MRP anymore.

I'm not sure how the FI indicator affects budgeting. You might have to adjust the quantity to match GI.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

Yes it is not deleted,

I am following the report MB25 for reservation list inventory management, reservation is marked as Final issue but not deleted.

and to adjust the Qty, we can't adjust the quantity of all reservations.

Thanks

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In MB25 only look at Open Reservations.

With FI it won't show up in MD04.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken & Sunil,

Also let me know what to do incase of partial good issue or that reservation.

because we need to also delete that reservation which was not fully invoiced,

MR = 10 Qty

GI  =   3

Open MR = 7

So, i need to delete this MR for quantity 7.

kenmelching
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Set the Final Issue indicator.  It will close the reservation regardless if there is open balance or not.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ken & Sunil,

Thanks for your replies, i will try the same and get back to you.

sunil_yadav2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin,

as per Ken, you can tick final issue indicator to kill reservation.

and create a program and schedule it to run in background which will check all Reservation and tick final issue where reservation is not used in 30 days of creation.

thanks

Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

How will i get data/condition for reservation which is not used in 30 days of creation.

and if you describe it briefly then it would be more helpful for me.

Thanks

Sachin