cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lead time error calculation

0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I'm investigating SAP EIS feature to calculate Lead time error. So I've faced some troubles which I'd like to share with you.

As I can understand we have 2 possibilities to let the system know about Lead time error:

1. To input it as a Default Path Static parameter if we have known it already.

2. To input a list of purchase orders in SGLT file before importing it to the system if we have no idea about real Lead time error meaning and EIS calculates the error all by itself.

Unfortunately, I haven't been able to realize the second case yet.

I tried to switch on processors:

• LeadTimeCleanup
  • SupplyLeadTimeProcessor

But the result is still null.

My questions are:

1. Where can I find Lead time error in EIS reports (input and output)? Is Lead Time Std Deviation what I need?

2. How to make EIS calculate Lead time error on base of purchase order data? What processors should I switch on and with what parameters? I'd like to know the consequence of all activities in details.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Anna,

Download the EIS user guide from this link if you haven't done so already:  https://help.sap.com/eis

On pages 307 to 321 is a detailed description of the SIM (Supply Intelligence Module) module.  See if you can find your answers there and let me know if you have some follow up questions.

There are some EIS customers that have used the SIM module but the data requirements are difficult to get in many cases so most customers input the supplier lead time variability instead of all the raw data to enable EIS to calculate it.

0 Kudos

David,

Thanks a lot for your answer. It would be great if you share a list of the data requirements I need to fulfil in case of using the SIM module.

0 Kudos

The SIM module parameters I set in EIS are:

I'd like to focus your attention on LeadTimeRawDataLog and LeadTimeDataDetailsLog. I switched them on but both logs returned no data. May be there are some additional parameters in EIS I need to set?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Anna,

Could you check the following lead time processor settings are set up appropriately in SGLT?

Regards,

Lei

thamizhchelvan_gunasekara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Lei,

I am not able to find the parameters you mentioned in your screen shot, can you let me know where I can find the same. I checked under module settings, Load Set translator and SIM.

BR

Thamizh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thamizh,

On EIS UI, you can find some of the settings under module settings, processor management.

For a documentation, you can find them on help portal - help.sap.com/eis, under useful links, EIS settings, EIS_xslx.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Lei

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Has anybody ever tried to calculate Lead time error using SAP EIS?