cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend trace time in SRT_UTIL more than 2 hours ?

nithish10
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there a way to extend  trace activation time in SRT_UTIL more than 2 hours ?

Thanks,

Nithish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can increase the trace time by debugging.. e.g. for payload trace set a breakpoint in class CL_SOAP_UTIL_DB method PAYLOAD_SET_LEVEL on statement "UPDATE srt_util_config". When you save the configuration, modify the timestamp variable "ls_config-expiry_ts" in debugging

OO
Participant
0 Kudos

In fact, this shows me, that all my traces are valid longer. But does it in practice extend my performance trace and functional trace as well or only the payload trace?

While debugging, I saw ls_config-expiry_ts a couple of times, before I ended up at PAYLOAD_SET_LEVEL.

attila_mikulan
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Nitish,

This is not possible. SRT_UTIL is not intended for excessive monitoring, the goal is analysis of a scenario regarding performance, functional and payload, or error analysis. 2 hours should be enough for this. If not, you can simply extend the validity for another 2 hours, after 2 hours is expired, etc.

Nb this could generate lots of data in a short period if lots of services are called, therefore it's not recommended to leave it on for too long time.

Cheers,

Attila

Former Member
0 Kudos

A good intention. Of course each log has to be configured appropriately in order to avoid overloading the database, but this is highly individual, 2 hours is a very random time period. Especially in a test system.

We have the challenge that when we leave work, people in different timezones are still at work and continue to test, next morning we would like to see payload traces, but we can't.