cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

64-bit SQL Anywhere 12.0.1 Installer is Missing Some Bin32 Binaries

alanesaagoolian
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hey everyone, this is something I came across and wanted to know if it's expected behavior or if it's a real issue.

I recently installed SQL Anywhere 12.0.1.4278 64-bit on a 64-bit computer. I found that the C:\Program Files\SQL Anywhere 12\Bin32 folder was missing a few important files (mainly for MobiLink).

I then installed the 32-bit version on a 32-bit computer and found the missing files were there (strangely, most of the files are related to MobiLink).

Since the 64-bit installer comes with a Bin32 folder, shouldn't it include the full set of executables instead of just a subset? Is this expected behavior or does it look like an issue?

Find attached a directory listing of all the files in the Bin32 folder from both computer architectures.

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VolkerBarth
Active Participant
0 Kudos

As long as that relates to the MobiLink server binaries, that's expected behaviour as of v12.0.1:

To cite from the changes page:

> 32-bit MobiLink server is no longer supported on 64-bit operating systems   On 64-bit operating systems, the MobiLink server is only installed as a 64-bit application and must be run as a 64-bit application. Any 32-bit versions of the MobiLink server that might remain on your system from previous version 12 installations cannot be run on a 64-bit system.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member207653
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I have run the SQL Anywhere deployment wizard on my 64 bit machine and even though there is an option to create 64-bit install, even when I uncheck it, there is no way to deploy Mobilink server 32-bit version. In fact, the bin32 directory does not include the related files. I am testing with 12.0.1.4301 64-bit