cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Limit several Terms of Payment

0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have a request to limit using several Terms of Payment for specific material group. I want something like "Material Listing & Exclusion" for Terms of Payment based on Material Group.

As a case in point, suppose we have a material group, namely A, we want to force the user to only use payment terms Z001, Z005, and Z055 when creating SO. In case of using other Terms of Payments, the SO return error message and prevent saving the document.

Is there a standard procedure which I can use based on the condition technique in pricing procedure?

Thanks in advance ,

Sincerely,

Amir

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition to the comment made by Jignesh - in case you use Credit Management functionality you would need to either deactivate critical fields check in OVA8 (risky from business perspective) or to implement a custom routine for OVA8 to bypass critical fields checks for saved orders containing these special material groups - otherwise you will make the credit department very unhappy.

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Veselina Peykova-Good idea.

But only limitation with this is -If your client follows Division wise credits-will not be applicable for this requirement. Because Standard SAP will not support Division wise credit limits.

Also if you deactivate this critical fields-it may affects the other important SOs having the same Credit group & Risk category& credit control area.

Phanikumar

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Exactly my point - I would not advise to deactivate generally critical fields check in OVA8 (it can be easily abused and is generally frowned upon by auditors), unless there is a good way to mitigate this risk: e.g. I had a similar requirement - in case selling of certain products we had to force a specific payment term (only one payment term per product code). The business reason was that these products are procured by an affiliated company and are quite expensive. Because of that the company wanted to get the payment for these products earlier than they usually would ask the customer for the regular products. In addition to bypassing critical fields check for the respective combination in OVA8, we implemented an aditional logic in userexit_screen_modification to disallow changing of payment terms for certain sales areas and document types. The payment term determination for the special products was performed by using an automatc not modifiable pricing condition with a specific payment term. In my case not being able to set manually payment terms in certain document types was a decision the country operation made and accepted after receiving an explanation of the process limitations. From audit perspective there were no issues, because the regular users had no way to change manually the critical data fields in the sales documents.

For sure - in case the company uses some additional logic in LVKMPFZ1-3 in OVA8 - it should be checked whether the change could have a negative impact on credit management process.

Regarding the the impact to other sales document types with the same credit group - if two document types need a different treatment from credit management perspective, most probably they should not use the same document credit group - this means additional configuration, you may also need to make some assignments if you already use workflows in the productive environment, but it is easy to monitor and maintain.

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Really thanks for your detailed explanation with business examples.

form your Post used the exit like USEREXIT_SCREEN_MODIFICATION for deactivating the Edit option at SO level for payment terms--which can be done with Screen variants SHD0.

My Question here is what made you to go for exit here?

(Pl don't take my request as an auditor questioning you)

My point here is we cannot have OVA8 setting changes based on material due to -All OVA8 parameters based on header--But material is at Item level.

thank you for your understanding & Cooperation.

Phanikumar

VeselinaPeykova
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Deactivation of critical fields is on header level - correct, this is why we disallow payment terms changes in the whole document for this sales area.

SHD0 option is not that flexible from my perspective, because the same document type used in a different sales organization should be processed without such limitations - so an assignment in VOV8 is not a good option. We could have created a variant transaction and granted access to the users in this specific sales organization, but there are a number of standard transactions that offer the possibility to jump directly to VA02, like VKM*, V.00, not to mention a number of custom developed ones, which means a lot of checking and testing with no additional benefit to the business. The same users can be also authorized to process documents in different sales organizations (decentralized credit management), so not possible to restrict this per user either.

I forgot to mention previously that in case of order creation from CRM or mobile, you also need to perform some development there to ensure that the payment term rules are not violated (if ERP is a just a backup solution for order creation).

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

While you can go with the already given suggestion, I am not sure on this Business requirement.  Payment Terms will always be based on Customer specific and not on Material specific and you can restrict this via CMIR.

G. Lakshmipathi

0 Kudos

I know; however, the business just demands it

dhiana_arina
Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Amir,

I cannot think of any standard solution in SAP fulfill your requirement of limiting few Payment terms for a specific Material group.

The best according to me would be to place a custom code in appropriate User Exit in program MV45AZZ and create a Z-Table which will contain Material group and allowed payment terms.

This development will check the Material Group of the Material in Sales Order against the entries in Z-Table and allow / block saving of Sales order as per expectation.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

0 Kudos

Thank you Jignesh.

We already did this. I was just wondering if there is a standard procedure to cover this requirement.

I appreciate your help my friend