Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add a modifiable date field in SOLMAN 7.1 CRM WEB UI

jcarbonell
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are using SOLMAN 7.1 Incident Management, and I would like to add two new modifiable date fields to the 'Details' assignment block view. As I was not sure of how to do it, first I have tried to use the web UI Configuration Tool, looking for already available fields that I could reuse. But when I show the available fields in the configuration view and choose one, only the BTDATEDUEBYH/DATE is modifiable.As I need two fields, I have checked the other ones (BTDATESRVSTART/DATE, BTDATECUSTBEG/DATE, BTDATECUSTEND/DATE, BTDATEVALDIFROM/DATE, BTDATEVALIDTO/DATE), but when I add any of them, the field is write.protected. I have also tried to add two new custom fields to the date profile associated to the transaction, even though I am not sure about the relationship between this profile and the web UI But the new fields that I added did not appear in the web UI configuration tool (In fact, none of the fields that I see in the web UI configuration tool appear in the date profile. So maybe the date profile fields are used only for the sapgui workcenter, and the web UI fields come from a different place).

Does anybody know how it works? Is there a standard way to add the two fields that I need?

Thank you and best regards,

Jose Carbonell

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jcarbonell
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions. I had seen that I could use AET to create a new field, but I was trying to find a way to do it without having to create a new custom field, as I am not familiar with AET and the web UI framework (components, nodes,....) and I did not want to change the standard, if possible. That is why I was trying to use one of the date fields that are already available in this component. The problem is that they are not changeable, even though in the fielld properties, they appear as Input fields, and the 'Display only' checkbox is not marked. Do you know if there is a way to make any of these fields changeable, as it happens with BTDATEDUEBYH/DATE? If it is not possible, I will try with the AET.

Thanks again,

Jose

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

As mentioned you need to configure a new business role and then create a field in the custom business role and this is easiest way of achieving it without modifying standard. Check my blogs on the customization of business roles and it should help you to achieve it.

further even you add fields with current way you have mentioned then it is not easier to add them in search criteria or result criteria whereas while creating a new field via AET it is much easier and you can just use them available on search option etc.

hope this suffix and resolves

Thanks

Prakhar

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Jose,

Yes, first I will recommend you to use the custom web ui layout. Like your standard one is solmanpro, copy it into the ZSOLMANPRO.

Please find the below links for same.  Although this link will disucss about the roles but will give a fair idea how to copy the standard business role.

IT Service Management Roles and Authorizations - SAP IT Service Management on SAP Solution Manager -...

Further you can add the fields in , display enhancements and create a new enhancment, basically its better if you create the enhancement in the hearder field (Customer_H) and package Z* or local.

You need to make sure that you will be choosing the correct data type and the range it can take otherwise the web ui will not open.

Thanks

Rishav

prakhar_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos