cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive Log Destination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I need to maintain archive log in two different location parallaly.

One is already there i.e. /oracle/SID/oraarch and another I want in different location i.e. /oracle/SID/sapbackup.

System should write the logs in both the destinations Simultaneously.

Please guide me the steps  to do it.

Regards,

Bhagawati Pandey

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Mofizur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can follow below link to accomplish this

http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E18283_01/server.112/e17120/archredo004.htm

Setting Initialization Parameters for Archive Destinations

You can choose to archive redo logs to a single destination or to multiple destinations. Destinations can be local—within the local file system or an Oracle Automatic Storage Management (Oracle ASM) disk group—or remote (on a standby database). When you archive to multiple destinations, a copy of each filled redo log file is written to each destination. These redundant copies help ensure that archived logs are always available in the event of a failure at one of the destinations.

If you want to archive to only a single destination, then specify that destination using the LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST initialization parameter. If you want to archive to multiple destinations, then you can choose to archive to two or more locations using the LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST_n initialization parameters, or to archive only to a primary and secondary destination using the LOG_ARCHIVE_DEST and LOG_ARCHIVE_DUPLEX_DEST initialization parameters.

Thanks,

Mofizur