cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MessageExpiredException: Message(INBOUND) expired

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a SOAP to RFC synchronous scenario.  And the messages at times are failing with error:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>

- <!--

Inbound Message 

--> 

- <SAP:Error SOAP:mustUnderstand="1" xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/">

<SAP:Category>XIAdapterFramework</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="MESSAGE">GENERAL</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1 />

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText>com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessageExpiredException: Message 6df0467b-5020-11e5-bd4f-0000095bc436(INBOUND) expired</SAP:AdditionalText>

<SAP:Stack />

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

We have increased the parameter xiadapter.inbound.timeout.default value to 10 minutes, but still the same error.

Please suggest on this.

Regards,

Sachi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dubey,

Kindly check if you have in that time some scenarios running at the same time, may be your PI was overloaded and PI has not any RFC thread free.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I check that Inaki?

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dubey,

If you go through the next links:

In bakclog you can check the failed messages and in the additional data the threads per adapter:

Later you also can check your monitoring (if you have enabled the monitoring for all the scenarios in the same adapter), if it was a lot of number of connections.

Regards.

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dubey,

Have you checked the time that the RFC need, executing directly the RFC?. Have you check any  exception in st22 on the ECC?

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Inaki,

Ye directly executing the RFC in ECC does not take more than 20 seconds, And also I did not find any relevant dump against this in ECC.

Regards,

Sachi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I have found in RWB Message Monitoring(Adapter Engine-- Database) that when the messages fail the audit log is something of a kind

And when the message is processed successfully. the audit log is something of a kind:

Can anyone of you put some light on such error? why does it come. Is it due to unavailability of receiver system for that particular time when it does not respond and so message expires.

Regards,

Sachi

pvishnuvardan_reddy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Dubey,

It is very weird. Can you let us know the PI version you are working on.

Also, can you check whether the RFC has sent any data for the failure request.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishnu,

I am working on PI 7.1.

Now I could see in the message content of this audit log that it has response payload which is created after the response mapping is executed.

So, that means RFC has sent back the response data to PI, PI has done the needed mapping, but the resultant response payload was not delivered to the target system.

So now I as assuming that, at time when such failures are happening, Request message goes from legacy system--> PI--> ECC and then response message comes back EEC--> PI but not being delivered back to legacy system because of error "Delivering the message to the application using connection SOAP_http://sap.com/xi/XI/System failed, due to: com.sap.engine.interfaces.messaging.api.exception.MessagingException: Couldn't find delivery channel for message: 2944498c-5022-11e5-c5ad-0000095bc437.”

So at the final stage the message is failing. Please verify my understanding.

I want to understand the root cause of such errors and hoe can I handle it?

What is the meaning of couldn't find delivery channel.

Regards,

Sachi