Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alternate Routing and usage

bennyyalla
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We produce coaches of different types, viz.,GS(General Second Class), SCN(Three tire non-AC).....etc. we have a new unit started parallel to existing unit. Both existing and new unit comes under same Plant.

We are planning to produce similar type of coaches in existing and new unit parallelly. Here the issue is we have several hundreds of items and Assemblies which has to be manufactured simultaneously by both units(Existing unit & new Unit). Routing has to be made for all the items & assemblies.

Example:

Drawing Number: 1231100100100,

Description: Head stock beam

Routing:

Operation 010 is planned in Work center 10103117 Operation as Shear

Operation 020 is planned in Work center 10100121 Operation as Shear

Operation 030 is planned in Work center 10211141 Operation as Straighten

The same item is required to be produced in new unit with similar operations, but with different work center.

Example:

Drawing Number: 1231100100100,

Description: Head stock beam

Routing:

Operation 010 is planned in Work center 19100121 Operation as Shear

Operation 020 is planned in Work center 19100121 Operation as Shear

Operation 030 is planned in Work center 19101141 Operation as Straighten

Here the question is

1. The same item has to be manufactured in both existing and new unit

2. How to create Routing for same item as shown above. Is it possible.

3. How to create Alternate routing for the same item as shown above. I tried in SAP but could not succeed.

4. How to automatically activate the appropriate routing while releasing batch order/work order.

Please guide me with Step by step process and help me in giving solution.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raja,

Answer for your questions:

1 - How have you architect units (by using MRP areas)?

2 - Go in CA01 put material number and plant, go to next screen and click new entries. This will create new group counter reflecting new routing with different work center's.

3 - Same as 2

4 - In customization order type dependent parameters TZ OPL8, you have selection of production version. Change that to manual selection.  While creating order, all versions will pop up for selection.

Regards

Rahul

bennyyalla
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul,

Thanks for immediate response,

1 - How have you architect units (by using MRP areas)?

MRP areas are same for the both units

2 - Go in CA01 put material number and plant, go to next screen and click new entries. This will create new group counter reflecting new routing with different work center's.

For creating alternate routing I tried as you said, but could not make it, pl see the screen shots i am enclosing.

The below S.Shot is original Routing

The below S.Shot tried for creating Alternate Routing, but next screen is not showing as you said. Please guide how to create, based on this screen shot.

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you press enter after this warning message (which is for change number)? If yes what was the next screen?

Regards

Rahul

bennyyalla
Explorer
0 Kudos

Next screen is as below

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Click new entry icon next to header. I hope don't have to explain you how to create routing step by step. Just explore

Routings (PP-BD-RTG) - SAP Library

If this answers your question follow

Regards

Rahul

bennyyalla
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Rahul Thank you very much in guiding how to create Alternate Routing. I was greatfull for your immediate response and helping in solving the issue.

bennyyalla
Explorer
0 Kudos

Creation of Alternate Routing has been completed.

Please also provide answer for Sl.No.4.(4. How to automatically activate the appropriate routing while releasing batch order/work order.)

How to select appropriate routing when releasing Batch Order/Work order. This may contain thousands of items with alternate routing, i would release order by selecting option of selecting alternative routing only once for all the items of the batch order, insted of selecting option of alternate routing individually, since my batch order consists of several thousands of items.

RahulHanda
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Raja

For this material you want to select routing while creation of work order (production order) out of multiple options, right?

If yes, go in OPL8 and put 1 for production version field.

Let me know if you see otherwise.

Regards

Rahul

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

bennyyalla
Explorer
0 Kudos

I thank you all for helping resolve the issue. Therefore this thread assumed to be closed.

Regards

Benarjee

Gopinath_Ram
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Raja,

How would you like to do Capacity leveling between these workcenters?

Does every order will be always equally split between these units or the Quantity will  be splited manually?

Regards

Gopinath R