cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BO4 - Derived table joined to another derived table - selecting objects from each generates full outer join - not sure why

former_member272336
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Using bo4 sp08 and have 2 derived tables in a simple universe - these are joined to each other and the join is present in a context.

When select objects from each rather than one sql being generated as I would expect it is generating a full outer join when view the sql.

Any reason why this is the case?

Want just single sql.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

When you say it's generating a full outer join, I supose you mean you have in fact just 1 sql statement. Joining 2 derived tables will result in one query with 2 inline views in the where clause :

SELECT ...

FROM

(SELECT ...

FROM ...) derived1,

JOIN

(SELECT ...

FROM ...) derived 2

ON derived1.key=derived2.key

That is, if the join is in the context.

Or do you have 2 seperate sql statements (that are synchronised at the report level) ?

former_member272336
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

2 separate sql statments  as per below.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

The only way to get this is when you have a context problem. I understand you added the join between the two tables in a context. Make sure you don't have objects in your report pointing to tables that are not in that same context.

former_member272336
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for reply.

Objects all from table sin same context.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Philip,

Just curious. Are all the joins in the context explicitily enabled/disabled ? Are do you also have neutral joins ?

former_member272336
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for reply.

Just a small universe - I usually don't use derived tables.

joins explicitly included, no neutral joins in any of the contexts

Answers (0)