cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

dev_enqsrv with size of 55GB

0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I am facing an extremely huge Enqueue-Develloper-Tracefile (E:\usr\sap\<SID>\ASCS01\work\dev_enqsrv), with a size of 55GB.

This means, it nearly needs the completely filesystem.

Is there a chance to reduce this file without reboot the System?

- SAP_Basis 7.40_7

- Kernel 7.42

- Windows 2008
And how can I reduce tracelevel for this file?

The enqueueserver is running on ASCS-Instanz.

The system is productive and 3 month online now

The timestamp on start of this file is only 3 month old.

This means, 55GB are also written within the next 3 month, if nothing changes.

Within SM50 "Menue Administration" > "Trace" > "Reset" you can reduce all files but not from ASCS-Instanz.

The System is on Tracelevel 2 per default, all other workprocesses are set to max-size 50MB.

help.sap.com gives Informations about: "Set Size Limit for Trace Files" https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/47/ceaf2883423c85e10000000a42189c/content.htm?curren...

But here is NO chance to limit or reduce size of this enqueue-server-file dev_enqsrv.

And cannot just delete it, to set a new file in place automatically, because the file is in use and cannot be deleted.

Any ideas to reduce size of this file?

Is there a chance?

Thanks alot in advance.

Tobias

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tobias,

Please go through the below mentioned SAP note on this....

1272595 - Standalone enqueue srv. trace file dev_enqsrv is very large

Background:
If a trace file dev_<name> exceeds a certain size, the system renames it dev_<name>.old and recreates the trace file dev_<name>. A previous trace file dev_<name>.old is lost in the process.
The maximum size of a trace file is roughly determined by the parameter "rdisp/TRACE_LOGGING=on, <size>".

For example:
"rdisp/TRACE_LOGGING=on, 50m" means that the maximum trace file has a size of 50 MB. It is due to the program and is no error if the resultant .old file is larger in reality. The default value for the
maximum size of the trace file is 50 MB.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Prithviraj.

Mofizur
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I faced similar kind of issue for work process trace files.I had my parameter set correctly still I had the
dev_w* files growing like anything.

This was resolved after upgrading my kernel as suggested by SAP support.

So check the relevant parameters . If they are set correctly and still you have the issue then you can try upgrading your kernel to the latest available.

Thanks,

Mofizur

Answers (0)