cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dimensions not getting displayed with Measures included in the Dataset

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am facing an issue in one of our LUMIRA reports. We are creatign a dataset using Universe as source which is in turn built upon a Multiprovider from BW system. LUMIRA version is 1.25.1 since our hardware is 32 bit.

When i am trying to include 2 dimensions like Sales org and Plant along with some measures like Net quanity or Net price etc into the dataset the dimensions are returning blank values. These same dimensions if included seperately without any measures in the data set are returning values. We have checked the Universe and it seems to be fine.

Kindly help me in solving the above issue or any valuable inputs to resolve this. Your help would be much appreciated.

Regards

Naveen Chand Y

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Sorry for a mistake in the update. When we tried in WebI also we are not able to get the data for these two dimensions. Kindly advice what could be the issue in Universe.

Regards

Naveen Y

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

hi

As mentioned before, it sounds to me like you've got incompatible objects. I don't know who authored your universe, nor how, but I would reach out to them.

If the data foundation has been 'automatically generated' including 'detect keys and joins' - then the likelihood is that you've got a nonsense universe ..  impossible to say really via a discussion forum.

What happens if you run a query without any dimensions, but only Measures - any data then?   If that's OK, then that would further support my suspicion (as you'd only be scanning the fact table, not the dims)

I would strongly recommend that you move to 64-bit desktop, use the data access extension for BW access. that way you'll be able to interrogate the BEx query atop the Multiprovider, whilst respecting data security (Authorisations), surfacing the Variables (for filtering) and exposing Hierarchies . (none of which are possible using a Federated SQL-based UNX universe)

Regards,

H

0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are able to see the data in another tools like IDt or WEBI its only in LUMIRA i am not able to see the data.

As mentioned earlier  when i am trying to include 2 dimensions like Sales org and Plant along with some measures like Net quanity or Net price etc into the dataset the dimensions are returning blank values. These same dimensions if included seperately without any measures in the data set are returning values. We have checked the Universe and it seems to be fine.

Regards

Naveen Y.

vijaymuniraj
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to test the below one's

1. Try with other desktop to see if that works

2. Try with same mock-up data in excel.

3. Try re-installing the tool

4. if above is not working, plz provide some screen shot.

vijaymuniraj
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi test the same scenario with webi or dashboard. if that works, try to re-install lumira on your system and try again. thasnks

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Does the same object-selection return values when tested in IDT (query) or via another tool like WebIntelligence ?

it sounds to me like there is an issue with the joins or contexts at the universe-level. i.e. the objects aren't compatible.

regards,

H