cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Period end closing activity issue....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi this is Maher...

While performing a month-end closing activity for settlement period May 2015 in the month of August 2015 in transaction KO88, system throws an error saying that it invalid posting period which is a genuine behavior of system.

Though SAP has provided a note (1135678) which I downloaded and implemented but it didn't work as this note is applicable for older version where as our current version is 617. So can anyone help me to find an appropriate note/solution to solve this issue at the earliest.

my mail - maherslh@gmail.com

Regds

Maher...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

nru_house
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Maher,

What is the error? Have you not close the production order for more than 2-3 months. Only than this note will be helpful. So, let's understand first what the error is.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nr Tk,

Yes you have got it right. we didnt close the production orders for more than three months. So we want to settle the prod variance of their respective orders, but as mentioned note 1135678 is applicable for older version which we already downloaded and implemented but it didnt work as it is applicable for older version and our current version is 617.

Regds

Maher

former_member200703
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Maher

Could you provide screen shot of the Ko88 and the Error Message number.?

Regards

Mahmoud EL Nady

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Mahmoud,

Kindly find the attached screen shot related to the issue.

regds

Maher

rajneesh_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

As screen shot of error detail says, you can not settle the order in older period (more than 2 periods i.e. current and last period).

Give posting period as your current period, you will be able to settle.

Rajneesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajneesh,

As you said to give posting period as your current period it will settle, i agree with you.

But currently as per Hijri fiscal year (Arab Fiscal year) we are in 5th period, but we didn't perform the month end activity since period 2. So we want to settle the variances of second period to the second period only so that when I see the variance in CO-PA  it should update in the second period than the current period.

if I run settlement for the current period than all the variances related to period 2 will be updated in period 5 in COPA which is not the correct.

Regds

Maher

rajneesh_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Posting in 2nd period is not possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maher

AS per the standard SAP MM period are open for two month if we run the variance and settlement for pervious or current month then system will allow you to do the variance and settlement

In Sap Standard Sap System does not allow to run the settlement for closed posting period

Thanks

Trinath