cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Credit check at Delivery-Configuration not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Members,

My client was having dynamic credit check and credit block at sales Order.Now the requirement is that they do not want to continue to have credit check at SO but instead want it at DO.

I have configured Static credit check with update group 000015 for the credit control area and selected only open deliveries in the credit control configuration (OVA8). When i test the config, system is not considering the Open DO value for exposure and considering only receivables for calculating  exposure.

1) Is there anything missing from my side

2) Is there an impact once we change to the new method of checking the credit check at DO instead of SO.

Thanks,

Aju

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I fixed the problem. Credit check at item category was missing. Moreover, if we chose to avoid open order values from credit exposure we need to choose update group 000015.Update group 000012 will not work evenif we uncheck  open order on OVA8.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Aju,

Firstly it is very difficult to let you know why the Credit check is not working, since we do not know the exact Configurations you have done.

But few observations:

What is the reason for selecting Update group 000015? Even if the Credit Check is to be done at Delivery level you would still like to have Open orders value be added to Credit exposure, so the update group should be 000012.

After the Credit Organization change, have you execute F.28 or the program suggested by Moazzam above to for Recreation of Credit Data?

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Any ideas from experts?

Regards,

Aju

ravi_kumar100
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In your OVA8 ,have you flagged the Open Items and maintained the reaction as Warning or Error.

Kindly check and confirm.

Regards,

SRK

moazzam_ali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you testing on some new customer or on existing customer? Try to create new customer and test on that. You can also test on existing one after running program RVKRED77 for that customer.

Thank$

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Moazza,

Thanks for your reply,

I am getting credit block at the time of DO creation with the new configuration. My concern is that open DO is not considered by the system to calculate the exposure.Exposure value get increased only after billing.

I ran the program RVKRED77 and getting same result as earlier for new and exixting customers.

Regards

aju

jignesh_mehta3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Aju,

Further to my suggestion below, have you activated Credit Check at Delivery level?

IMG - Sales and Distribution - Basic Functions - Credit Management/Risk Management - Credit Management - Assign Sales Documents and Delivery Documents - Credit limit check for delivery types.

Thanks,

Jignesh Mehta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Jignesh,

Here client do not want to consider open order value in exposure, for that reason i have selected update group 000015.

My configuration is working and i am getting credit check at DO. My concern is only with exposure value system is showing.

For example, a customer has credit limit of Rs.50,

I created my 1st invoice for Rs.1000. At this stage system shows the exposure as 1000.

Next time when i create a 2nd SO &DO for Rs.300, i get message that credit limit has been exceeded by Rs.950 at the time of DO.I released the DO and did the PGI but invoicing is pending

I create a 3rd SO and DO for Rs.100. System still says credit limit has been exceeded by Rs.950. Ideally it should have been for Rs.1250. and exposure should be 1300.....this is not happening.

System is considering exposure value only after invoicing,but do not consider open DO values.

Regards,

Aju