cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Al11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I had create a folder in my OS directory. However , in Al11, i would like the folder to be visible so that the user can enter and see their ftp file. I create the folder by chosing "Configure" and add in the necessary information and click save. However, when i back to the list, the folder i created does not appear. Is there any thing i had miss out ?

Regards

Lauran

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for the information. I manage to add it in. I use the "all" under the server name. Now i have another question, how can i delete the entry away ?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lauran,

Al11 -> Configure

use F4 in field "for Directory Name" to choose the directory in question,

press "Retrieve", then choose

Edit -> Delete

Regards, Michael

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lauren,

Did you receive the message pop-up window saying "Save successful" ?

I have managed to create a directory as you have suggested. Select Configure, enter the Directory name (/usr/sap/ccms), enter the alias name (e.g. DIR_CCMS) and select the save icon. I received the message "Save successful" and returned to the list where my new directory was available.

Gary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Lauran,

most probably the entry for 'Enter Server Name' is not correct. Here the <i>instance name</i> is expected (e.g. like host_sid_00), not the hostname itself (e.g. host).

Alternatively you can use the string 'all' if the directory is available on each instance in your system ('all' will be inserted automatically if the field is left blank).

example:

for Directory Name........<b>/etc</b>

Enter Alias Name

Enter Directory............. <b>my_etc_dir</b>

Enter Server Name........<b>all</b>

Regards, Michael