Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alerts where-used (in Macros)

former_member568621
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was trying to locate some table / utility that lists the Macros where a GIVEN alerts (alert type) are used. This is for SDP Database errors.

in my system I have 55 Macros with a total of 70 Alerts within it. I want to query 15 of these alerts and find out the corresponding macros that are generating those alerts.

How do I do this quickly ? The where-used functionality on macro home page is too slow to load

I don't have the time and patience to check all the macros. Once found I need to make some minor corrections to these macros.

Thanks

Amit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

satish_waghmare3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

You can try following manual option -

1. Open Macrobook whch has these alert macros.

2. Bring ALL the macros into workarea.

3. Click on Print Macros button.

4. Now use 'Find' Ctrl + F option for specific word like "Update" or "Add" or "Delete".

5. Make a note of required details.

Sorry there is no quick/easy method which I am aware of.

Thank you

Satish Waghmare

former_member568621
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Satish,

I went to the macro book and labelled the Macros with Alerts as **Alert.

Such a waste of time.

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

I went to the macro book and labelled the Macros with Alerts as **Alert.

???   I thought that you wanted the ability to ONLY select specific types of alerts (which is not supported in the standard where-used functionality)?

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member568621
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Dogboy.

Do you have something to suggest here ?

I did something to differentiate macros with alerts, so that searching them later is easy.

I need a selection screen/ table / view where I can enter one or more alerts numbers and it should spew out corresponding macros.

Alert TypeMacro NamePlanning BookData View
1002 - Your life is in dangerLoschen gesamten daten Im planungsberichPB1DV1

Thanks

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

Well, I am not aware of such a report in standard.  If you need such a report, you will have to commission your programmers to write one.

However, for occasional use, here is what I do:

Go into //ADVM, do not select any macro book.

Tools > where used list

Select Macro elements radiobutton, select the element Macro element Alert status

Select Continue

Now, only the macro books that contain alerts are listed.

Double click on each macro book one at a time.

Each Macro that contain an alert is now moved to the central work area for that book.  Other non-alert macros remain in the depot.

Then, I throw everything back in the depot before exiting the macro book and opening another book.

I had originally assumed that you wanted functionality that would select and display only a SPECIFIC TYPE of alert, which my method will not do.

Best Regards,

DB49

former_member568621
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Dogboy. Yes what you presumed is what my original need was..

All good.

Thanks

Amit.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

alok_jaiswal
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Please check the table /SAPAPO/AM_ALERT - It contains details of alerts along with planning book details to which alert is assigned.

Hope its useful for you.

Regards,

Alok

former_member568621
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Alok,

That is a fraudulent table with cryptic non sense. I might have to spend another 10 hours figuring out what Obj25, of which 6 of them exist on screen, means. 

I checked a few tens of possible tables before posting this q, knowing fully well that when it comes to utilities, we can't expect much from  SAP

Thanks

Amit.