cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SLT Replication with SAP HANA Enterprise on premise VS SAP HANA Enterprise on Cloud (HEC)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can someone explain or pin point what would be the ideal solution if someone wants to use HANA Enterprise on Cloud in regards to the SLT
replication system?

Our SLT systems are standalone, replicate around 250 -300 tables real-time, the TOP 10 tables are really big tables with average 2 billion records that constantly change in the source system. Heavy/critical replication.

Currently, I believe the majority customers that replicate a lot of data follow the  source system, SLT and HANA on premise, but the SAP HANA Enterprise on Cloud is getting more mature as option, more and more customers wants now to evaluate that option as well.

The question that it is not clear to me yet, is where the SLT system ideally should seat in case we use HANA Enterprise on Cloud without losing the integrity, consistency and efficiency (speed) that our current replication with all system on premise offers?

Should I use source system and SLT on premise and  HANA Enterprise on Cloud, OR would be better for replication purpose if my source system is on premise and my SLT and HANA Enterprise system are on Cloud together? Or is doesn’t matter at all? What would cause less impact on the replication stream compared of my all on premise scenario.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Rod Cardenas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris

we gave a similar requirements and wonder if you have done some evaluation post above?

My understanding from some document is that it is "recommended to keep SLT on Cloud" instead of Premises ..Also SAP IT itself has hosted SLT on Cloud for its CF (On Cloud) implementation.

Regards

Rajendra Jain