cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

confused between delivery,shipping and shipment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

While going through SD flow, I just confused between shipping, delievery and shipment. Can you please explain the complete process and tell me what exactly we do in shipping, delievery and shipment.

My e-mail id is rajatgarg16april@yahoo.com

Thanks and Regards

Rajat Garg

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

reazuddin_md
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat,

Shipping:

shipping activities perform before delivering the goods to the ship to party,

like time take to pick the goods, packing of those goods into carts ( as per the its packing system), loading this packed goods into truck ( or any vehicle which uses to ship the goods).

Delivery:

starting from the shipping point,how much time taken to reach the customer,

might be travelling time, stages like,if itz through Air, initially this load should go airport, from there customer country , n frm there to actual ship to party location.

Transporation:

Moving of the goods, in which transporation mode, as we have roadways, railways, by air,

how many stages involved ( itinaries), from which route,all comes into transporation.

<a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/d5/2285347860ea35e10000009b38f83b/frameset.htm">Transporation</a>

hope this adds info

*reward points

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi GSL,

Thanks for the prompt reply, can you please elaborate a little bit or is any supporting document.

Thanks and regards

Rajat

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think it is clear after the explanation given by Raj.

Regards,

GSL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajat,

Shipping comprises the entire shipping activities.

Delivery is the actual delivery made to customer. It can be outbound and inbound also. Inbound is used in MM process.

Shipment document is created if you are using transportation module wherein you can combine multiple deliveries into single shipment.

Regards,

GSL.