SAP for Public Sector Discussions
Foster conversations about citizen engagement, resource optimization, and service delivery improvements in the public sector using SAP.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP - Public Sector - Config for Grantee Sponsor Currency Field

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Grant Sponsor master data derives the Grant Currency in the Grant Master Data.  If the Grant Sponsor master data is created
with a blank in the Grant Currency, and subsequent entries are posted against the grant, SAP will not allow changes to the grant master data.

1. To eliminate this situation, I am requesting that the Grant Currency field within the Sponsor master data default to USD. Does anyone know how to config this so it defaults to USD?
    1. T-Code BP
    2. Change the BP role to Sponsor
    3. Go to Grant Basic Data Tab
    4. Select the Currency Field
      1. Field name WAERS from Table GMSponsor

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

amarlal_lohano
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Kory,

There is no standard way to maintain default values in BP master record. You can achieve it using functional module as mentioned in following threads:

default values in BP transaction | SCN

Regards,

Amar Lal

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

amarlal_lohano
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Kory,

There is no standard way to maintain default values in BP master record. You can achieve it using functional module as mentioned in following threads:

default values in BP transaction | SCN

Regards,

Amar Lal

0 Kudos

Hi Amar,

Thank you for the reply and reference articles. Two things stand out from my understanding.

1) Setting a user parameter wouldn't do the trick. We need it to default and/or be required for every user.

2) A developer can create a cusotme Z transaction to make it required or populate?

Is there a way I can make it a required field so people don't leave it blank? I'm still a newbie at SAP and can't follow all of the steps other people are suggesting in the reference Articles. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

0 Kudos

Dear Kory,

You can make the field required for every user, so that no one left it blank functionally. Just follow the menu path:

SPRO>Cross-Application Components>SAP Business Partner>Basic Settings>Field Groupings>Configure Field Attributes per BP Role>Configure Field Attributes for Each Role Category>Sponsor

There you will find a tab with the name of Sponsor. Since currency and fiscal year variant comes under General Accounting in BP. Therefore, you need to make "General Accounting" field mandatory as shown in screenshot below:

Hope this will serve the purpose.

Regards,

Amar Lal

0 Kudos

Amar,

Thank you thank you! This is exactly what I needed! Thank you!