Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebDynpro development : KM reference - PortalApplicationNotFoundException

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have created a WebDynpro application where i would read an XML in KM folder and display the content.But, when i ass the sharing reference "PORTAL:sap.com/com/sap.km.application" as WebDynpro sharing reference, i get teh application but with warnings. When i open the message, i see the PortalApplicationNotFoundException.

I have added the JARs bc.util.public_api.jar,bc.sf.framework_api.jar,bc.rf.global.service.urlgenerator_api.jar,bc.rf.framework_api.jar,com.sap.security.api.e p5.jar.

I would like what could be the cause, our team had used the same reference in previous project.

Caused by: com.sap.engine.services.deploy.container.DeploymentException: <Localization failed: ResourceBundle='com.sap.engine.services.deploy.DeployResourceBundle', ID='Exception while starting: SAPJ2EE::local/DisplayNewsCategory', Arguments: []> : Can't find resource for bundle java.util.PropertyResourceBundle, key Exception while starting: SAPJ2EE::local/DisplayNewsCategory

at com.sap.portal.prt.sapj2ee.SAPJ2EEPortalRuntime.getAndStartSAPJ2EEApplicationItem(SAPJ2EEPortalRuntime.java:867)

at com.sap.portal.prt.sapj2ee.PortalRuntimeContainer.prepareStart(PortalRuntimeContainer.java:482)

... 23 more

Caused by: com.sapportals.portal.prt.runtime.PortalRuntimeException: [ExternalApplicationItem.prepare]: SAPJ2EE::local/DisplayNewsCategory

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.ExternalApplicationItem.prepare(ExternalApplicationItem.java:188)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.SAPJ2EEApplicationItem.prepare(SAPJ2EEApplicationItem.java:232)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.SAPJ2EEApplicationItem.start(SAPJ2EEApplicationItem.java:192)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.service.sapj2ee.Mediator.getAndStartExternalApplication(Mediator.java:132)

at com.sap.portal.prt.sapj2ee.StartPortalApplication.coreRun(StartPortalApplication.java:59)

at com.sap.portal.prt.sapj2ee.SAPJ2EEPortalRuntime.getAndStartSAPJ2EEApplicationItem(SAPJ2EEPortalRuntime.java:863)

... 24 more

Caused by: <b>com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.PortalApplicationNotFoundException: Could not find portal application com.sap~km.sap.application</b>

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.PortalApplicationItem.prepare(PortalApplicationItem.java:413)

at com.sapportals.portal.prt.core.broker.ExternalApplicationItem.prepare(ExternalApplicationItem.java:180)

... 29 more

Thanks & Regards,

Sharath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member295871
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

it looks like that you've deployed the app. with a typo in the reference the first time.

Undeploy the application from your app.serv. and redeploy it again.

regards

michael

former_member1
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sharath,

The ref in the Webdynpro is:

PORTAL:sap.com/com.sap.km.application

Regards,

Anish

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member295871
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Sharath,

the SharingReference should point to PORTAL:sap.com/com.sap.km.application.

Not to PORTAL:sap.com/com/sap.km.application.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Michael

Sharathmg
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sorry for typo error.

I have actually set it as PORTAL:sap.com/com.sap.km.application

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Are you sure abt the same.

Because the error says com.sap<b>~</b>km.sap.application.

Regards

Bharathwaj