Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Reconfiguring Old ChaRM to Solman 7.1

Hi Team,

I have a Solman 7.1 that was migrated of Solman 7.0, but the ChaRM was activated on 7.0, but I don’t have any documentation how to was configured and now I have necessity of include a new landscape in ChaRM. 

The problem that I found was, the users used Ztcode (Zcharm) for create new Change DOC and not use Work Center for this, I tried create a new change doc on Work Center but I haven’t  certain this will work fine when I block the Ztcode.

My doubts are:

1) In ChaRM it’s possible (momently) continue using Old Version, while I test a New version of Docs? For Example, maintains the users work with this old way while I make new configuration for new version.

2) I tried Include New landscapes on ChaRM, but I have the error message that says that not possible include new because “Maintenance cycle is open”. What can I do this case for check the configuration?

Somebody have any Idea?

Thanks Guys

Tags:
Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi,

Please check the configuration guide for same

Change Request Management (ChaRM) - Upgrade Guide 7.0 to 7.1 - SAP IT Service Management on SAP Solution Manager - SCN W…

You can use the old one to certain limit, but you should not create the additional old change documents and hence its become imperative for you to use the the new transactions.

Secondly I will suggest you to create the new project for your new documents and let the old project die after you have completed your old charm documents.

Further, during the system upgrade only there should be enough time span for the configuration and migration for the new documents.

Thanks

Rishav

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question