cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV View filter functionality in Webdynpro ABAP

0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I recently got a requirement for an enhancement for one Wendynpro component. In this it has only one View. The view has an ALV table. On ALV table it has Load View which contains 3 different views. Based on the chosen view through dropdown, the respective fields will be displayed in the ALV table. My requirement is adding few more fields in one particular view among these three.

I had gone through the entire component methods coding but nowhere I found the code related to this Load View changing. Generally this can be achieved through the event handler for event ON_STD_FUNCTION_AFTE of component SALV_WD_TABLE. But in my component I did not find this event has been used. I checked all methods but no where the code available and this event handler also not there in the component. I am wondering how come the View filter is working, Where it might have coded. Can someone please help me in this regard.

Here is the ALV table with Load View filtering.

And at below image I have dropwon of ALV view filtering. Based on the ALV view chosen, the appropriate fields will be displayed in the table.

At below image, The available methos/events in the View. Here there is no Event handler related to that ALV view dropdown.

So this ALV view filtering related code, where it might have made in the component? I have checked the entire components methods but nowhere I found the method or event handler. Please let me knowhow this was achieved without event handler in the view.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to create implementation for the ALV event ON_STD_FUNCTION_AFTE. Check the below document for reference:

hope this helps,

Regards,

Kiran

0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

There is no event handler of ALV event ON_STD_FUNCTION_AFTE in the webdynpro component. But still View dropdown is is working fine with three different views. I am wondering how it is possible!

Please let me know is there any other option to do this rather through this event handler?

Thanks,

Naresh.

former_member184578
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the Component Controller Event Handler methods.

Regards,

Kiran

0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

I checked with Component controller also. No event handler and no method is used there

Any other way pls?

ramakrishnappa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

Enhance the view and create an event handler method for event ON_STD_FUNCTION_AFTE as below

Now, you can define your custom filter logic inside it.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Rama