Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP EM-BW extraction upon Event handler creation

arun_yesodharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing an issue with BW settings in Event Management.As per my understanding , system replicates the data to SAP EM to SAP BW as configured in the rule set.

I currently have rule set defined for both delta upload & initial upload & both are working.For an delta upload, the data replicated to BW only if at least one event is reported for an event handler. But i need the data from SAP EM to BW to be replicated the moment the EH is created. How can this be acheived??

Kindly help!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

Here are Couple of options:

1) Add custom activities in update activity 2 on EH ( Event Handlers->Define activities for updating Event Handlers ) or

2) Create an Event everytime an Application object is created like FO created/SO Created etc. so that your ruleset is triggered.

Thanks,

Vishnu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sukumar_perumalsamy
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

For TM related AOT , create the SCHEDULED event code rule set for EH and trigger the BW upload in EM.

For ECC define the custom event code(BWEHINITIATE) and  Define the Filter Profiles to hide the event display in EM.

~Sukumar

arun_yesodharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sukumar,

I was also thinking of using filter profiles to hide the same. Thanks everyone.

arun_yesodharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sukumar,

I am configuring this in ECC System is taking the expected date & planned date only for the "dummy event" created for BW Upload.

Even for other events system is recording delta records for events which are reported, for all other events the expected date is not fetched into the BW.

Is this a standard SAP behavior that the EM system will record the data against an event only if the event is reported??

Kindly help!

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

yes the BW integration is based on event reporting in EM.

All is done via the BW upload activity in the rule set.

For updates only to the EH no standard BW upload is available.

Best regards,

Steffen

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

the process is normally the following:

First do an initial upload for existing EH.

After the initial upload is done switch to delta upload.

It makes no sense to have both active.

The BW activity only works as rule set activity i.e. you need a message to trigger a BW upload.

If you need it immediately after EH is created you should introduce an event like EH_CREATED and send a message for it. With this event you can then do the BW upload by customizing the rule set accordingly.

Best regards,

Steffen

arun_yesodharan
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen/Vishnu

If i add a new event eg EH_CREATED, & send a message for it how can i trigger BW Upload.

Do you mean to say that in rule set , if i config :

if event code = EH_CREATED ,

trigger an alert( message)

in the above case it will call my rule set & BW Upload will happen??