Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Universe on SAP ECC

vanita_patel
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to create Semantic Layer on  SAP ECC 6 on SD Module. I have successfully created connection in IDT .

IDT Connection Contain 3 Connections as attached image.

ABAP Functions

Local

Global

I am not as knowledgeable about BAPI's and ABAP Function. ABAP Function contain some BAPI no any table.

BAPI Contain only EXPORT Tables.

How to use BAPI Tables for Design Universe?

Any suggestion welcome.

thanks

vanita

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

amitrathi239
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

ABAP Function:

SAP Business Objects Business Intelligence introduced a new connectivity to SAP ERP via SAP JCo. It provides access to the ABAP Functions.

Tables out of the ABAP dictionary or a data cluster are not available for the Universe. You either need to create an ABAP function or an InfoSet on top of the data.

An ABAP function parameter can have the following type:

• Field of primitive ABAP type

• Structure, which is a sequence of several fields

• Table, which can be made of fields, structures, or even tables

Global and Local:

In the SAP ERP system, InfoSets are created within either a local work area or a global work area. Objects within the local work area are only accessed by its SAP ERP system client, while objects of the global work area can be accessed by all clients.

You can configure the global parameter values that apply to all connections. You can do this to improve performance, or to resolve issues with the connection that arise. Data access global parameters are maintained in the cs.cfg file. This is an XML file that contains Connection Server configuration parameters, and default configuration parameters that apply to all data access drivers.

Amit

Answers (0)