Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Variant configuration - Single dependency for all components

yarnagula_sudhir
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi...

I have super BOM which contains all the components and based on one characteristic value, Bom components are varying.. In this case we need to create an Object dependency for each component in the Super Bom. My requirement is I want to create a single OD which will be assigned to the all components of the Bomthat can call the Reference characteristic from table.

Char valuecomponent
A100001
B100002
C100003

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yarnagula Sudhir

My requirement is I want to create a single OD which will be assigned to the all components of the Bomthat can call the Reference characteristic from table.

Char value component
A 100001
B 100002
C 100003

Can you add some more to understand your requirement, you can create a single OD which will select all component picked by a single value, you can assign same OD to all the components.

ex. if Characteristic with value A is selecting component 100001 as well as there are other components Z000001, X000001, N000001 etc all can use same OD written for component 100001

Global dependency of type selection condition,

characteristic name

CHAR1

dependency syntax  $SELF.CHAR1 = 'A"

assign it to component 100001 , as well as all other component Z000001, X000001, N000001 which are to be selected by selection value A.

similar way , create OD for other values and assign it to other group of components picked by B and C and so on.

You can also use class items if you want to save time maintaining object dependencies , you can go through below link to know more on it.

Thanks

Ritesh

former_member184627
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sudhir,

You can also try to use class items when you don't want to create individual dependencies for the BOM components.

Refer below doc. from SCN.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/40c031ae-a4cb-2c10-5781-f0eea1df4...

Regards,

Senthilkumar SD