Read Entity Data
I already figured out how to read entity data (for example BP_HEADER - Data Model for Customer) in general, but still have a few detail questions. At the moment I am using Convenience API using following approach:
- CONVENIENCE API -> GET_INSTANCE
- SET ENVIRONMENT -> Change request number
- GET OBJECT LIST -> For entity keys (still not sure if this is the right method?)
- GET_ENTITY_STRUCTURE -> Get key components
- GET_ENTITY_STRUCTURE -> Get attribute components
- Fill key structure
- I am not sure if the approach for getting the entity key data (step 3) is the best way?
- Reading Entity AD_EMAIL -> Leading Entity: ADDRNO + BP_HEADER, Qualifying Entity: AD_CONSO
Where can I get the data of AD_CONSO??
3. Reading Entity AD_POSTAL -> Leading Entity: ADDRNO + BP_HEADER, Qualifying Entity: AD_NATION
Where can I get the data of AD_NATION?
4. Reading Entity BP_CUSGEN -> Leading Entity: ASSGNM_ID + BP_HEADER
Where can I get the data of ASSGNM_ID?
Thanks and regards
Michael Theis replied
in that case your initial idea using GET_OBJECT_LIST is valid. The object list should contain the BP_HEADER locked in your current CR. Using the BP_HEADER you're able to read all data you want. Ssee my previous reply: it's sufficient to read with a partial key to get all records. BP_HEADER is part of each entity key in data model BP.