Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Check table feature in AET

former_member306562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

We have created a custom field using AET.Now I want the field to populate with values in ZTable we did using table maintanence generator.

So If I select my Z table in check table field(available in AET)will the values populate(around 50 values) in my zfield.Meaning will the values be picked from Ztable for my new custom field.

Pls clarify.

Regards

Jaya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya

Why not just make your AET field carry the values. You can define the entries in AET.

That way there is no duplication of effort in maintaining.

Regards

Arden

former_member306562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arden,

Thanks for the immediate response.

True,But if values are more(around 50) and keep adding month on month to existing values.

How should I go ahead with this scenario?

Regards

Jaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya

Either way, changes to configurable values should be going via a Transportable Process.

So SM30, AET Regen....

To be quite honest if the values are going to that large to select from, you might actually need a more scalable solution, something like a search help...extra development?

Regards

Arden

former_member306562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arden,

I am a functional consultant.

Currently In my case If I want to have values as drop down list,For this Can I use check table option(which allows to pick my ztable) in the Zfield and use the option table as DDLB option in AET.

Secondly If values are maintained in sm30 transaction will values populate for my zfield .

Pls suggest can I use this way.

Also pls clarify should the Ztable (created in table maintenance) contain the Zfield I created.

Regards

Jaya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jaya

If you're pure functional then you I'm not sure you'll be able to establish a successful link to your SM30 Table. Rather populate via AET.

Regards

Arden

former_member306562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arden,

Yeah I am pure function.But I have an abap consultant with me.

Pls suggest how to establish a successful link to sm30 table.

Tell me If whatever steps I mentioned in my previous question suffice or not.

Regards

Jaya.

former_member306562
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Arden,

In the following screenshot I want to use two options 1.Render validate :Check table as DDLB and in check table option (F4) use my Ztable.Is that sufficient.

Regards

Jaya.