cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Process Form Step

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

In one of my process, i have used Custom Workflow, where it contains Process Forms & SAVE FORM Data steps.

According to my requirements, i have copied the standard task to Custom Task.

Recently i observed a weird behavior, The framework is updating the infotypes after removing the SAVE FORM Data step in the Workflow.

Just want to understand that, will the Process Step automatically updates the Infotypes or what?

Regards,

Sridhar.J

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

sahirn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sridhar,

The process updates form data to infotype(s) based on Send Variant settings:

1. HRASR_DT -> Setting for start step - if set to Write to application database , saves data to infotype as soon as the request step/form initiation step is complted.

2. In attached workflow : SEND_VARIATION element value if set to 'A' for Edit Step (be it Adobe or FPM)

(    Note : No save to infotype happens on using HCM P&F Approval task.)

3. Using HCM P&F provided save task.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sahir.

ChrisSolomon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This is due likely to your process config. Check you version dependent settings (second node down under the top root node where you define process start, workflow and such). You most likely have your process set as "write to application database" instead of other options (like "do not tolerate errors"). This means that as soon as the initiator sends/submits the form, it will do a "save" of the data based on your configuration. This is a typical setting if (1) you are not using workflow (2) you are using workflow but want some "saves" done initially and others handled later in workflow.

Check that setting and report back!

former_member184702
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sridhar ,

Yes - automatically updates in HR master data infotypes. if you want to customize say for example , you should update date type -03 in Infotype 41 or any delimit the infotypes , that time you need extra code.

Regards

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Thank you,

you mean to say even for HRP1001 also we nee dto extend our custom logic.. right.

Regards,

Sridhar.J