cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ECC outage and related PI tasks

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have a SAP ECC outage next week.What pre or post tasks do I need to perform at PI side?

We are using ECC 6.0 and PI 7.31 versions.

Kindly anyone guide me on this.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

azharshaikh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Swathi,

My few cents:

1. Ensure that the associated teams / client is made aware about the downtime, so that there is no last minute surprises.

2. Ensure that all the messages (for & from ECC) are processed successfully in PI prior to start of ECC downtime.

3. As a pro-active step, you can stop the communication channels (Sender / Receiver) of ECC so that there is no message flow happening to / from ECC.

4. You may also stop Sender Channels of the related Scenario for ECC involving other BS or 3rd Party (Even if you don't stop these Sender CC, the message (async) would fail / go in Wait / System Error mode that can be restarted from PI Moni once ECC is Up..but care needs to be taken incase you have EOIO messages for any of the Interface..and Stopping the related CC would be the best option for these Interface)

5. Monitor PI during ECC downtime, if any queues is getting blocked

6. Clear the Queues in PI (if any) once ECC is up & running.

7. Note : You cannot restart Sync Messages in PI and the Sender needs to re-send those once ECC is up.

8. Check if Downtime is planned during time window when there is No / Very less message flow happening to/from ECC, as it will be easy to manage.

Hope it helps

Regards,

Azhar