cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Forcing" a standard cost

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are going live on SAP in one of our division and would like to force some standard costs on some of our manufacturing products, as some of our BOM's and recipes are not ready yet.

We want to put a value for inventory valuation purpose.

I have tried Tcode KKPAN and have been able to save a Cost version in the Legal & Group view.

I am though not able to have it Marked and Released, so we can have it updated in the Material Master, "Costing 2" view (Standard Cost).

Am I doing something wrong, or missing an option?

Should I use another option?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is your question answered now, or do you have another question?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Luc

Put the standard cost you want in Future price on Accounting 1 and set your costing variant to look at future price on Acct 1 as the 1st step. Mark and release

Our standard costing variant has Future price as #1 so that we can override costs as required.  in general keep the field empty.   When it is used for a cost estimate, the cost strategy i CK11n/CK13n costing structure will display as "G"   We use this method for every go live.

If your costing sheet adds overhead to the reporting cost element, it will add it to the future price also, so plant a non-burdened cost.

If you only want a standard cost and NOT a Mark and release,  populate the Future Price and then use CKME - activation of planned prices -   use this with caution because a Marked cost is considered planned and CKME will release it also.  We finally made a Z copy of CKME to give us better reporting.

Althea

muhammadusman_raza
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Luc

Use MR21 for this purpose, hope this will help you.

Thanks!!!

Regards

MuR