cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP WMS with integration with RFID

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

I have been searching articles, documents and presentation materials on topics specific to how to integrate RFID technology to SAP system transactions in Inventory Management and WMS. For example, during the goods receipt of finished product from production line, how the RFID tag is updated with the product code, quantity, batch number, etc.

There are lots of material about RFID technology, but I could not find anything that described how RFID works within SAP processes.

Any idea of where I can find those materials?

Appreciate your help very much, if you could share that with me.

Thank you very much.

Cheers.

Tom

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,

While many enterprises continue to deploy minimal RFID projects to meet compliance mandates, other companies are learning how to use NetWeaver and SAP's exchange infrastructure (SAP XI) to link RFID data into their enterprise resource planning systems and conduct much broader RFID projects.

You have to get in touch with SAP XI to get more into RFID and SAP integration.

SAP Xi to be simpler is a tool which converts all the data into the format that SAP system understands.

IDocs are the main thing which SAP understands.

Below you can find a link to configuration guides:

http://service.sap.com/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000661232&;

You can get relevant configuration guide about the RFID sceanrios at this link

http://www.service.sap.com/scm >RFID> detailed product information.

This link has all the sceanrios defined with configuration guide. The configuration guide is sufficient to configure the scenario.

Check this thread which would probably help you

This thread contains my reply with respect to similar query in sdn.

You can take any of the application mention in my reply and design a business scenario according to your requirement and the time constraints.

For e.g:

It can be simple application of employee detection, Theft detection in a shop or it can be a simple application of warehouse management

1.Here the asset are tagged -(commisioning of tags),

2.moved into warehouse where the are tags read by the reader(reader deamon)and

3.the the tags are removed for making the assets ready for shipment.(Decommissioning of tags)

Just go thru this site also which has a good set of knowledge that gives ylou a brief idea about how SAP's framework allows integration of RFID.

<b>**REWARD POINTS IF THIS HELPS YOU**</b>

Regards’

AK