Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calling Z Transaction from standard transaction in Personas 2

former_member188001
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all,

In one of my requirement, I am making a call to Document flow from a Z transaction. In order to get to the document flow, I have created a button on my custom screen. On click of this button, i have written bdc to display the document flow for that order. Now, I want to go back to my Z transaction when i hit back. But this is not working.

I also tried creating a custom push button but am lost.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

Salil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sivaganesh_krishnan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Create a custom script button for back button and add the recorded script to it.

The recorded script should contain the action of  entering tcode in transaction box,

This will help you get the back button functionality.

Regards,

Sivaganesh

former_member188001
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks.

Following is my flow:

Step-1 -> Call Z transaction - this will give me list of orders

Step-2 -> Click on one order, this will give me order details screen (this consist of document flow button)

Step-3 -> Click on Document Flow button

Step-4 -> I want to go back to Step-2 (Need help here)

Your options will take me back to Step-1 which is not what is intended.

Thanks,

Salil

tamas_hoznek
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

It all depends on how do you end up in Document Flow (what transaction, function module etc. are you using).

By entering a TCode in your script, you are ending the current transaction and start the new one, so it's logical that you get back to step 1.

So if you explain how the Z transaction is coded and how do you get to the order details and document flow screens, it will then be easier to give you an answer.

You said you have a BDC to display the document flow - does this mean you have a Call Transaction statement in your Z transaction calling VA03 and then clicking on the Document Flow menu item? In that case, you should be able to have a script that clicks on the Back button twice to end up at step 2.

former_member188001
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Tamas. But i found another way to deal with this.

I used the following code directly in my ABAP Code.

CALL DIALOG 'RV_DOCUMENT_FLOW'

EXPORTING

vbco6 FROM ls_vbco6.

This worked like charm.

Thanks,

Salil