cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to save PDF/Docx file on MII Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to save SAP DMS files on MII server, but cannot able to do this. I am using BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHECKOUTVIEW2. BAPI doest not return any error but a blank message only.

I am passing path as : web://B**********/ModuleLibraries/PM/Responses

I also tried db://web://B************/ModuleLibraries/PM/Responses

I also tried passing on Network Folders as P:\Eng\AK.Drawings

Can someone please help me on this.

I can save files successfully on a local folder from BAPI in SE37. I already reffered to

Regards

SS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shashank,

I had the same problem like you. In my view it isn't possible to load documents into the MII with the help of BAPI_DOCUMENT_CHECKOUTVIEW2.

I'm able to load the document by another way. Have a look to my thread. http://scn.sap.com/thread/3457406

Regards,

Matthias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Matthias,

This looks very informative. i will try this out today.

Have a  questions on this, the JS code you mentioned is it good to encode TIF or PDF files ? We have PDFs mostly on DMS and i already have a utility to convert Base 64 to text file.

Also, as SDOK_PHIO_LOAD_CONTENT output to multiple line, do i need to concatinate these lines before encoding it ?

Thanks again for sharing.

Regards

Shashank

former_member185280
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes you will have to concatenate the lines into one string. Please look at my example linked in Matthias's thread above:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shashank,

First sorry for the late reply.

You can do it like Christian. But you can also use the base64-decoder from MII. In this way you have to decode each line and after this concatenate the results together. But before you decode the last line you have to cut the A's, because these serve to file the answer.

Regards,

Matthias

Answers (0)