cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use Vendor Material Number in Purchase Order Creation - ECS Scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRM Gurus,

We are in Extended Classic Scenrio - SRM 5.0.

We want Vendor Material Number to be printed in the Purchase Order Layout. I remember in R/3 we have inforecord, wherein we have vendor Material number. Where do we maintain vendor material number in SRM. Suggest a suitable solution.

Thanks & Regards,

Ramkumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Please refer to BBP_PD transaction to get the SRM Shopping cart (use Object type - BUS2121) / Local PO details (Use Object Type - BUS2201).

<u>Please use the following useful links to refer in this case.</u>

<b>

You need to copy the standard SAP smartform BBP_PO to a custom smartform say - ZBBP_PO.

SRM SPRO Configuartion Settings ->
-------------------------------------------------------------
In SPRO -> SRM-SRM server-Cross Application basic Settings ->Set output Actions and output format->Define Action for output document.

Select Action profile as BBP_PD_PO, click on processing type, choose smart form print or fax or e-mail as per your requirement and 
change PO name as ZBBP_PO, in this case.

Incase you need any assitance, let me know.

Hope this will help.

Regards

- Atul

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

Shopping cart is created based on Internal Goods/Services and not through Catalog. In this case, will it work?

Thanks & Regards,

Ramkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

<b>Yes... Even then also it will work ..</b>

But how you are getting the Vendor number / Vendor External and Vendor Internal number in this case on the shopping cart. Please confirm.

<u>As an alternative ->

Incase you create custom fields in the Shopping cart and key-in some values in those custom fields, we can even map those fields to the R/3 backend document - Purchase order, Purchase Requisitions using the BADIs

Refer OSS note - 672960, 485891 to create custom fields in Shopping cart.</u>

BBP_CREATE_PO_BACK     (For mapping fields of Shopping cart to  R/3 Purchase Orders)

BBP_CREATE_REQ_BACK (For mapping fields of Shopping cart to  R/3 Requisitions)

Hope it will help.

Regards

- Atul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

However, my doubt is are there any mapping available in SRM 5.0, so that, if we specify the vendor and Internal Material number automatically can the vendor material number be populated in the PO?

Thanks & Regards,

Ramkumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Yes, it's quite possible..

<u>As i told you earlier, Incase the Vendor number is coming from Catalog Item from the shopping cart - We can map it to the Purchase Order by using the BADIs.</u>

<u>Incase you use <b>BBP_CREATE_PO_BACK BADI</b>, we can map the field there itself so that the vendor number and vendor internal / external number are mapped and populated accordingly in the Purchase order in the R/3 backend system.</u>

<u>Please see these links -></u>

Let me know incase you face any issues.

Regards

- Atul<b></b>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Vendor material number is 'hold' in fields MANU_PROD and MFR_NO_EXT in any item of PO. You can see this fields from transaction BBP_PD.

You can use this field to display Vendor material number on smartform (copy smartform BBP_PO to ZBBP_PO).

To get this field - use FM BBP_PD_PO_GETDETAIL and table E_ITEM.

In SPRO -> SRM-SRM server-Cross Application basic Settings ->Set output Actions and output format->Define Action for output document.

Select Action profile as BBP_PD_PO, click on processing type, choose smart form print or fax or e-mail as per your requirement and change PO name as ZBBP_PO.

Regards,

Marcin Gajewski