Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Work Manager - suppress measurement point readings

former_member220966
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

We are implementing SAP Work Manager 6.2 on iOS devices. We use the PRT functionality for users to take measurement point readings assigned as PRTs(and subsequently complete the operation).

Scenario: Lets say there is an operation with 7 measurement point readings(as PRTs) and the field technician takes 4 readings and DOES NOT complete the operation. He initiates a delta sync on the device.

In the transmit log for the delta, we do see the measurement point readings being sent(transaction InspRoundsMeasurementPointreading - might not be the exact name). The readings are synced with the backend and eventually removed from the device. In the last step of the delta sync at the work order fetch, these readings are BROUGHT BACK to the device.

The next time the field tech. goes into the same operation, he has to take readings for these 4 measurement points AGAIN as we have a validation that all PRTs need to be completed before completing the operation.

Requirement: We want to prevent the measurement points(PRTs),for which the readings are already taken, from being brought back to the device in the work order fetch. Basically, if some readings have been taken, and the user syncs the device, they should not be asked to take those readings again just to be able to complete the operation.

Is there a way we can achieve this? Any help would be much appreciated!

Cheers,

Abhinav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Marçal_Oliveras
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhinav,

I don't know the details so you may need an EAM consultant, but when creating a measurement document it is possible to link it to a work order and even an operation.

If you do so, then you can use the SELECT below I have in one of my implementations. This is checking if a measurement document  already exists for a given point + work order. If this Select gets a result, then I return a custom field flag set when fetching the work order PRT data for work manager. I have all this logic in GET_END BADI for work order MDO class.

SELECT SINGLE mdocm INTO lv_mdocm
             FROM imrg JOIN aufk ON imrg~woobj = aufk~objnr
             WHERE imrg~point = <ls_workorder_prt>-eqpnt
               AND imrg~lvorm = space
               AND imrg~cancl = space
               AND aufk~aufnr = <ls_workorder_prt>-aufnr.

In the Agentry side, I have a rule to ignore measuring points where the flag indicating a reading exists in SAP is set. It also requires Java adjustments to get the new field.

former_member220966
Participant
0 Kudos

Marcal,

Thank you so much for your response, this seems promising. We were thinking along same lines, but this gives us a very good direction.

We are currently investigating this with the development team, I will definitely come back to this thread with an update.

Cheers,

Abhinav

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member220966
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Marcal,

We pretty much did exactly what you suggested(our select query is just slightly different) and the fix has been tested successfully and will be shipped to production this month.

Thank you for very much for your help, I appreciate it.

Regards,

Abhinav

former_member220966
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

Any thoughts on how we can achieve this? Please let me know if you need more details or any specifics.

Cheers,

Abhinav

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Abhinav,

I think the challenge here is that there really isn't a way to know what points have been read already following the sync.  How do you know if the reading was due to current work or is simply the previous reading?

You might be able to assume based on the last reading date equaling today (assuming you don't need to read that point more than once a day) and incorporate that into your rule.

Otherwise, I would guess that will need to track a collection of what points have been read and persist it until the workorder is complete and run your check against that in conjunction with the PRT points as one possibility.

Just my thoughts on it.

--Bill