cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incident Management: Replicating Support team & Message Processor relationship for custom additional support team and message processor partner functions in Solution Manager 7.1

MehulAghera
Explorer
0 Kudos

Experts,

In my current assignment I need to setup additional Support Team and Message Processor along with standard SLFN0003 and SLFN0004 functions. Now to do that I need to hard code same relationship for my custom partner functions as current relationship exists between SLFN0003 (Support Team) and SLFN0004 (Message Processor) like its recalculating relationship between employees and service teams based on ppoma_crm. Does anyone know which place this relationship hard coded and how should we replicate that for the custom partner functions.

V/R

Mehul

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

younmazz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mehul,

I did similar things on SM7.1 project. You don't need programming for this, if your know CRM configuration, follow below steps

1. Define two customer partner functions you can do it under IMG node Solution manger -> Capabilities -> IT Service Management -> Partner Determination Procedure (PDP)

one like SLFN0004 (Message Processor), the other like SLFN0003 (Support Team)

Simply copy them to your Z partner functions and change the Abbreviations

2. I am not sure whether your Z-processor is same as  SLFN0004, or from user input, if it is determined by user input, you don't need Access Sequence for it. Assume that Z processor is user input and Z support team is determined by Organisation hierarchy where Z processor sits in.

Define an Access Sequence for Z support team, here you have to sure it's source origin 'CRM_PARTNER_B' and assign Z processor partner function as the source  partner function.

Leave the Determination Rule for now

3. Go to CRM -> Master Data and organisation data determination and define determination rule for  Z support team you can copy from the rule assigned to SLFN0003 (Support Team).

4. and assign the Z rule on the Determination Rule in Access Sequence

5. At last, simply make the the two Z partner functions visible on WEBUI or GUI screen ( I don't think I need describe the detail of how to show them on screen ).

You can assign a rule for auto determination of Z-processor , and then Z support team will be determined  automatically by the rule you defined from Z-processor. That is, whether the Z-processor is user input or auto determined, once it filled in, Z support team is also filled in automatically .

Of course there is a BADI for PDP, but saying again, you don't need development for your scenario if I understood it correctly.

Hope it helps resolving your issue .

Cheers !

Jin

MehulAghera
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Jin for your detail help here,

Now as regards to your recommendations,

1> I did copy SFLN0003 and SLFN0004 to custom partner functions ZSLFN007 and ZSLFN008 with small change in function & relationship cat. as I can’t use “CRMH06: Is Responsible BP” for twice. Instead I used “0000 undefined partner” & “BUR01 is Employee of” for custom message processor.  Did you had similar issue and How did you config. “Specify Partner Function Display in Transaction” ?  It didn’t allow me to use BTPartner_PFT_0016_MAIN and BTPartner_PFT_0008_MAIN twice instead I had to use BTPartner_PFT_0016_ABBR_CHAB and BTPartner_PFT_0000_MAIN with leaving Role Type blank to make sure it displays correctly on CRM UI.

2> In my current scenario both the Support teams are already determined and I want to display related processor under that support team same way is working between SLFN0003 and SLFN0004 with dropdown list.  (Attached fig. for detail review)

3> Now in current access sequence for SLFN0003 and 4 it uses “AIC2 - Preceding Document -> SAP Service: Determination via IBase/Ind. Object from Ref.Object”.  How should we determine Rules assigned to SLFN0003 and 4 as AIC2 didn’t use source 'CRM_PARTNER_B' instead it using 'CRM_PARTNER_A' & 'CRM_PARTNER_I’

4> For the test purpose I did create Access sequence with source ‘'CRM_PARTNER_B’ rule AC10000258 to get related partner selection for custom Message processor with source is Support team. Now the issue is partner selection pop up comes only once when we select Support team1 first time during new message creation and afterword it selects Message Processor 1  automatically listed in Org. structure until it finish reading all partners list under that team and at last it just leave it blank without displaying recurring pop-ups to starts it again even I setup determination time recurring in PDP for reviewer.

Regards,

Mehul

younmazz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mehul

1>

You cannot use same relationship category in the configure table, so use a different category but having the same technical attribute . CRMH06: Is Responsible BP is eventually 'Employee responsible" type and there are some relationship categories available with 'Employee responsible" type .  It will work as it worked in my system.

The IMG node '“Specify Partner Function Display in Transaction” is for displaying additional partner functions as you know. Solman 7.1 has limit in displaying partner functions.  Only 10 partner functions can be shown on webui and 5-6 of them already occupied by standard partner functions, so 3-4 slots are available for customer PF. The column "Object relation name" in the configuration should be unique so use 'BTPartner_PFT_xxxxx_MAIN' that is not assigned in the table . Technically the suffix 'MAIN' is not so important but you might have seen of some partners can be indicated as a main partner if there are multiple partners assigned under the same PF. some program logic checks the suffix for main partner. My recommendation is to use 'MAIN' one and use the middle number (xxxx) less that 0016 if possible .

2>

Once you finish the '“Specify Partner Function Display in Transaction”, use view configurator. you need to activate 'Configuration Mode' in webui . The PFs you defined for 'BTPartner_PFT_xxxxx_MAIN' will be selectable in the configurator and you can add them on your webui view. if not sure how to do it, ask any CRM guy around you, they will guide you  

3>

If your scenario is as same as that of between SLFN0003 and 4, you don't need  'CRM_PARTNER_B' as a source. I just gave an example for case that when you use customer access sequence which using the Org. determination rule. 

4>

I am not sure whether I am understanding what you intend to explain, as far as I know default setting of PDP is not overwriting the value determined by PDP. so once it is determined, system sill keep that value until user changes the value blank. However, you can build a chain of sequence with different sources.

The reason of reading all employees under team, I think, because you use AC10000258 rule, it's supposed to pick employees in the same org.unit, so recurring option you set, it might keep it reading all BPs assigned to the Org. unit. you can change this behaviour if you create and use a customer rule.

The popup at the firs time, I assume that Support Team determination is made from reference object in your system, so no reference object or Ibase filled in, system will ask user for PF. If you check SM IMG there are other approaches to determine Support Team, for example, by Categorisation with BRF+ . I cannot tell exactly what causing the pop as all i can do is just assuming about your system

Hope you can have some answers from this reply .

Regards,

Jin             

MehulAghera
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Jin,

I configured PDP base on Note: 1728284 - ITSM: Partner Functions for the Web Client UI attached guide line. As you see in the diagram I attached in my earlier post I want to know what kind of relationship setup between Support Team SLFN0003 & Message Processor SLFN0004 as it finds all the related employee/processors BP under that selected organization/support team and list that in drop down list. Same in reverse order as by selecting employee/processor its list out all the organizations/support team that employee is part of.

Want to know which Rule or Access Sequence that I can setup manually to get same relationship for my custom partners.

Regards,

Mehul

younmazz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mehul

If your system is set to find Support Team SLFN0003 based on responsibility, the rule is 35000139 eventually it's determined in function module AGS_SDK_READ_PARTNER_WFRULE.

If it's determined by BRF+ with reference object/ibase or sap components etc..,  you will find a customer rule set in BRF+

CRM Actions "xxxx_STD_FIND_PARTNER_FDT",  "xxxx_STD_FIND_TEAM" triggered and find the support team PF in according to the rules configured in system .

that is why you couldn't find any clue of the determination rule in access sequence AIC2.

There are some IMG guides for support team (service team) determination in Solution manager

http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/SAPITSM/Support+Team+Determination+via+Business+Rule+Framework+...

Regards,

Jin

former_member359189
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Do you know if this works for Charm? Im trying to do the same thing for Charm in Solman 7.2 SP09 but I cannot get it working

Thanks

Francisco

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

younmazz
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mehul

Would you update this message if you thinks my contents helped you to find the solution ?

Regards,

Jin

MehulAghera
Explorer
0 Kudos

Any help here !

rishav54
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mehul

this is governed as below

Table:-AGS_WORK_CUSTOM