Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MDGF 7 : restricting list of CoA

former_member252154
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

We are implementing MDG 7 SP6

We need to restrict the list of CoAs depending on the role of users.

How can we achieve that? It seems authorization object F_SKA1_KTP does not help.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

what do you mean with "restrict the list of CoAs"? Where do you expect the restriction?

Anyways, the common ERP authorization object are not considered. MDG-F data is stored in flexible tables next to ERP. Therefore there are MDG specific authorization objects you might have to use. Check the related MDG-F guides (http://www.help.sap.com/MDG70) for more details.

Best regards

Michael

former_member252154
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Michael

Thanks for this.

I would like to restrict the list of COA users can pick up in the search help.

In "Define Authorization Relevance per Entity Type" IMG Activity, in "Authorization for Entity Types" I made ACCOUNT with key COA "Authorization relevant".

Then in the role in USMD_MDAT I specified the list of COA values I want the user to use but it seems to have no effect. The user can still select all COAs.

Thanks in advance

d024348
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Moin

If it's just about restricting the values in the search help, you can define your own search help in SE11 and assign it in the data model definition of Type3 entity COA (technically a modification, as the data model is an E table and you need to change things in SAP namespace). The search help could be implemented with a search help exit to consider authorizations and whatever.

To prevent users maintaining "forbidden" COAs manually by typing the key, you could set the field as DropDownListBox or implement BAdI USMD_RULE_SERVICE.

Good luck, Ingo Bruß

michael_theis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

currently the value helps do not react on authority settings since it's only picking some values from a customizing table and not displaying actual master data (the latter one would not work if you're not authorized).

From a technical perspective the value help of the field in the SOM UIs is implemented as a so called "OVS" search help. If you take a look (AKA set a breakpoint) in CL_MDGF_GUIBB_FORM in method OVS_OUTPUT_FILTER and then trigger the F4 from the UI, you'll see that this method is processed before displaying values to the user.

You could implement a custom feeder class that redefines this single method. Call parent first, then implement whatever you'd like to implement. 🙂

Best regards

Michael

Answers (0)