cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Formatting of date and time to use regional settings

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to format a datetime field to use the regional settings but not show the seconds. We have to support both US and US British dates and times. What I'm finding is when I have the regional settings set to US British 10 o'clock will display as 10:00:00 and with regional settings set to US it is displayed as 10:00:00 AM which is taking up to much room on my report. In Crystal I am using the System Default Short Format in the format editor to get this output. I would like the display to be 10:00 for US British and 10:00 AM for US.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member292966
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

Depending on the version of Crystal you are using, there is a Special Field in the Field Explorer called Content Locale.  This will return to you the region your machine is set to.  Based on that, you can create a formula to format you time. 

Good luck,

Brian

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brian, the version of Crystal that I'm using does have that special field and it passes back what I would have expected it to. Although I would have like Crystal's formatting to have taken care of this, at least I have a work around.

Thank you for your help.