cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SDK & Boyum

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am not sure if this is the right place to ask this question, so if it is not then please lead me to the right place.

We are using Boyum's usability package, and trying to build a functionality using its File Exporter and Importer functions (UFFE & UFFI respectively).

UFFI, it seems, overlaps a bit with SAP SDK and we need to program in C#.

Although. I am not a complete novice in programming, I have never used SDK.

So, my questions are:

1. What is the overlap between SDK and Boyum

2. Where to get enough knowledge to of SDK to start working on Boyum UFFI.

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Kanu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member201110
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kanu,

I believe Boyum staff are regular contributors to this forum but you might also consider posting your questions on their forum here.

I've never written any functions in Boyum but I understand it allows you to write C# code which will then by used at runtime. This C# code can make use of SAP's SDK components (the DI API and UI API). As such, the code you write is similar to the code you would write if you were developing your own addon (although without the addon framework as Boyum already provides this and on a smaller scale ie one function at a time).

It depends on how much customisation you are likely to want to do as to what you may need to learn. If you are only going to want one or two custom functions then you would probably be better off asking about them on the Boyum forum and seeing if someone can guide you to get the code you want. If you want to learn C# in more depth and how to use this to manipulate the SAP APIs then that's a much larger project. Depending on how far you want to go, you might be better off going on a C# course first, before looking at SAP's SDK.

Kind Regards

Owen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Owen,

Thanks for your reply. I need some further direction.

I am not a complete novice in programming and know a bit about C# as well. But, I think solving business problems is the best way to learn programming, and that is what I am working on.

I have two business problems on hand:

1. Creating a sales order authorization function which is different from the existing SAP logic.

2. Having documents transfer function across various divisions.

We do not have SDK license and there is no intention of buying them unless bigger problems are encountered.

How can I approach this using Boyum?

Thank you again.

Best Regards.

Answers (0)