cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to process files greater than 50 mb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have file to idoc scenario where I am using graphical mapping . When I am using small size files it is getting processed but when I use large size files it is getting stuck . Please suggest something. we cannot use chunk mode as we are using mapping.

Regards,

Sandhya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

asdasd_asdasd
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Try this

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Message is being split but PO is not able to process it. In general what is the capacity of SAP PO.

How many files or how much data can it process.

Regards,

Sandhya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Sandhya,

You can follow the below blog how to process large file into smaller chunks.

http://scn.sap.com/community/pi-and-soa-middleware/blog/2011/12/26/fileftp-adapter--large-file-trans...

Regards,

Soumyadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soumyadip,

I cannot use chunk mode as I have message mapping and I guess we cannot use message mapping with chink mode. Kindly suggest when we have message mapping.

Regards,

Sandhya.

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sandhya,

Processing 50mb file as IDOC is always risk, Can you change your design to File to ABAP proxy ?

Thanks,

Pavan T

Former Member
0 Kudos

From this 50 mb file , after message mapping it is getting split hence 4 IDOCS are created. No we cannot change the scenario. Please suggest something that can be applied in java stack to handle large files as it is SAP PO.

former_member200386
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sandhya,

Is it possible to change the scenario to SFTP to IDOC. In SFTP adapter we can chuck the message size and process. Please refer below link.

Thanks,

Pavan T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

As mentioned earlier we are using mapping and we cannot use chunking when we have mapping.

Regards,

Sandhya

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then you have to split the file up.

Here is a useful link for you, seeing as you receive a ton of help on here: http://scn.sap.com/community/support/blog/2013/04/03/how-to-close-a-discussion-and-why

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Glen,

Is splitting and chunking of file two different things. Kindly suggest.

Regards,

Sandhya.

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In essence there is no difference except that in your case you mention above that chunk mode is not available to you therefore this is not an option and the only available option, in my opinion, is to physically split the file up before it is sent i.e. from the sending system.

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please can you post a screenshot of the exception, or the dump.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No such exception is coming They are getting stuck in the queue . They are not processed. It is going to dump due to large file size. Can you suggest some parameters that we can set for PO runtime.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working in SAP PO which is completely java only stack. In such case how can we handle large files. Please suggest something.

Regards,

Sandhya.

markangelo_dihiansan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandhya,

Have you tried setting the maximum file size under the advanced options?

Regards,

Mark

iaki_vila
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sanhya,

What is the exception?, Depending of the exception you should change the timeout or maximum size parameter. Moreover, this depends as well where the exception is raised, integration engine or adapter engine. If the exception is by lack of memory, you would need to increase the physical memory and/or the PI nodes.

For example for the Integration Engine:

Timeout: rdisp/max_wprun_time

Size: icm/HTTP/max_request_size_KB or EO_MSG_SIZE_LIMIT

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

we are getting this exception in SAP PO. It is getting stuck and not being processed