cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GRC 10.1 FF Logs not generating

former_member91960
Discoverer

We have firefighter logs that are not generating.  Using GRC 10.1. GRACFFLOG shows user logged in and out, and shows blank for Workflow column. These are not populating logs in nwbc for review, not populating GRACACTUSAGE table, or the Consolidated log report.  The times this occurs do not align with sync job failures in GRC.  Any possible solutions to correct the issue would be appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shannon,

Please check SM19 and Time Zone.

Regards,

Salomão

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shannon,

I just had a customer with the same issue as you described. The root cause of the problem was missing authorization in the backend system for the RFC user. In this particular case we missed authorization for S_TOOLS_EX and PLOG.

I strongly recommend to run an authorization trace (e.g. via STAUTHTRACE for all application servers) to check and rectify the authorization.

If you have fixed the authorization you can regenerated the missing logs. Therefore check note 2072462 and 1934127.

Please keep us updated.

Regards,

Alessandro

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Shannon,

Check in SLG1 , for FF Log snyc logs, if firefighter session are recorded on logs or not.

if not getting recorded then assign that authorization what has been suggested by Alessandro in target system(pluin system) to RFC user.

Regards,

Prasant

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shannon,

if action usage does not retrieve the transactions from the backend this can be due to a missing authorization in the backend. Therefore run an authorization trace for the RFC user and check if authorization is assigned properly.

Especially check auth objects S_TOOLS_EX and S_ADMIN_FCD.

Regards,

Alessandro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AB,

if there are no wf created for blank ff sessions(no t-code execution,ff only logs in and logs out), but wf is created for for other(t-code executed by ff) ff sessions, then i think it cannot be an auth. issue.

could you share, if i am missing anything here

Regards

Plaban

alessandr0
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Plaban,

then you have to set parameter 4020 to YES (= Generate EAM log for Firefighter sessions with no activity).

Let me know if it works.

Regards,

Alessandro

former_member193066
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well Buddy,

Thats was not his query..

he has asked that based on my reply where i has requested to check SLG1 for log files..

Regards

PKP

Former Member
0 Kudos

parameter 4020 will enable you to create log review workflows for blank ff sessions. in these sessions, ff would only have logged in, but not executed any t-code. this is supported by the fact that GRACACTUSAGE table is blank.

you can also try GRAC_EAM_LOG_SYNC_TIMEBASED, for regenerating missing wokflows