Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email and print FI correspondence

former_member220430
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have read through old forum discussions and found that it could be possible to email and print FI correspondences at the same time. Unfortunately, I have not found more details on how this have been done.

In our case, we have created 2 correspondence types, one for email and another for printing. They are working properly separately. The email is works via user exit RFKORIEX. However, the additional requirement is that when no email contact could be found for a particular account, the email should be sent to a specific email address and at the same time be printed on a designated printer.

Can anyone please advise the possibility of implementing this? If anyone has done the same or similar solution before, please be kind to share your experience.

Thanks!

Cholen

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cholen, I presume there is no way we can Email and print. Other way to address to pop up a message box with Print button. when no email address then check wherther the user wants to print>? If yes then print.

former_member188724
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Cholen,

I havent tried this requirement.

You can customize the RFKORIEX and write your code to initiate email with pdf or any attachment and send it after printing the document.

Just a thought. give a try.

Regards,

KS

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Cholen,

I guess there is no standard option which triggers both mail and print. Only way is to enhance the print program used.

Copy the print program assigned In transaction OB78 to a Z* program and modify the program accordingly which will handle both mail and print at the sametime.

Regards,

Thanga