cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reports Don't Match

former_member533532
Participant
0 Kudos

I am having an interesting problem.  I have created a report using CR2013 (full version).  I then pulled the report up in the VS Crystal Reports Viewer.  Note that Capture2 (VS Rpt Viewer) has a line "Documentation" which is not in the Capture1 (CR2013).  The CR2013 has the correct data. I am using a suppression formula in CR2013.   Is there something that I should be doing in the application to make the views the same? 

Using:

Sap Crystal Reports 2013 (Version 14.1.1.1036) to create report

Visual Studio 2010 (CRforVS_13_0_14.exe) to view report

This is from the VS application using the report viewer:

This is from the Crystal Reports 2013:

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

costa-b
Explorer
0 Kudos

I don't think you provided enough information to figure out this issue. What database system do you use, for instance? What data does the query behind the report return? I suggest that you use some tracing tool to view exactly the queries that are run on the server.

former_member533532
Participant
0 Kudos

I am surprised by your response!  I am running the same report file but through different tools - one is the CR Viewer through VS and the other is from CR 2013 (full version).  I always develop our reports using the full version then use the CR Viewer in VS to provide users with the required reports for their needs. I have been doing this for almost 10 years and, on occasion, have seen other "interesting" issues.  I am attaching the code that I am using in VS.  The database system is MS SQL (2008).

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Anna

The questions posed by Costa are actually very, very good. The more info you provide, the quicker the resolution.

For example for MS SQL 2008 it is important to have SQL Native 10 client installed. Do you have this client installed?

I'd like you to do the following test:

Save the report with the option "Saved data" enabled.

Create a new one line test app:

Viewer on a form

CrystalReportViewer1.ReportSource = <path to report>

Do you see the same issue?

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow me on Twitter

Got Enhancement ideas? Use the SAP Idea Place

costa-b
Explorer
0 Kudos

Not sure why you were surprised. I saw your message and I thought there isn't enough information to help you. Interesting enough I came across a similar issue. The CR designer was working find while the runtime used the wrong tables. Mind you, I am using Oracle.

Anyway, I looked at your code and I see that you set a different database for the table whose name starts with PARTTRACKING. Is that a schema name or the table name? If it is a schema name, you might have a similar issue, i.e. at runtime CR is using P21DB instead of the other one. Based on my experience, the TableName doesn't seem to contain the schema name at least in my case. Download Ludek's utility and generate the VB code that sets the connection for your report, then try again.

former_member533532
Participant
0 Kudos

The data is being pulled correctly but I have a "suppress" formula that in the CR designer is running correctly, but the VS version is not.  Hence, the "Documentation" is on the VS version but I don't want it to be. It just seems strange to me that the VS and CR reports don't display the same information even when they are pulling from the same tables and databases. 

I will download Ludek's utility. I am working with table names not schema names. The PartTracking table is only in one database.  I have never worked with Oracle. 

costa-b
Explorer
0 Kudos

If I were you, I would use the MS 2008 sql profiler to be 100% sure that the designer and the CR runtime run the same queries and against the same databases.

Can you post the formula you use to suppress lines?

former_member533532
Participant
0 Kudos

Ok, this is just par for this week. When I did as you said, I discovered I was using the wrong report file in the VS 2010. Version A instead of B.  So sorry for the inconvenience.

former_member533532
Participant
0 Kudos

Well as you might have seen, I was using different report versions - one with suppress formulas and one without.  This has been one of those weeks.  Thanks for your inputs -

costa-b
Explorer
0 Kudos

This was an easy one then .

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The silver lining is you got it to work before the weekend

Have a great weekend,

- Ludek

Answers (0)