cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connection issues with SAPconsole

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have an issue with the SAPconsole connection.

what is happenning is, RF devices loose the connection with the SAP system. it is happening in multiple locations. it says "connection lost" . Network connections are fine and I am not sure what to check as I am new this conecept and SAPconsole.

Please suggest how to go about it and what can be checked to determine the cause of the issue.

Thanks ,

Sashank

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

the same issue here. our RF users are getting logged off randomly throughout our whse. We have verified our Access Point coverage and the fact that there is no real contention for coverage. All access points up and working on network. RF users just get logged off when attempting transaction on sap. The users unit is sent back to the vt220 login (we use georgia software for telnet) and must sign back onto via telnet and then onto sap

SAP show error

]Connection to user 2385 (NBROWNING ), terminal 46 (SAPCONSOLE2 ) lost

The SAP Dispatcher (part of the application server) has lost the

connection to a terminal process. For example, this happens when the

terminal program (GUI) terminates without correctly logging off the

application server. More detailed information about the error

context is not available here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We used to face a similar issue before .

The connection was lost whenever the scanner was left idle for sometime .

In GSW server settings there is a setting for timing. The time is increased as suggested by GSW support .

After the setting it got better.

Also range of access point and lot of metals around the scanner may cause to loose connection.

But still sometimes it looses connection for unknown reasons.

Hope this helps.

Gunna

Former Member
0 Kudos

The same issue here !!

Any news ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

can you please tell me what device are you using. also did u check the signal strength at each point, if moving or stationary. is it showing any variatins?

let me know ths, to help u more.

regards

divya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Divya,

there are no issues with the network connections or signal issues, confirmed by networks team. they say that devices are able to connect to the telnet server but are not able to connect to the R/3. it doesnt matter whether moving or stationary, again as mentioned by them.

another reason I was thinking was issue with the port and security issues. I am little clueless where to start and go about it as I was not able to find any logs or traces. where can I look up in the R/3 for these connections?

Any help would be gr8 help.

Thanks

Sashank