cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI Decentralized Adapter Engine as AEX

0 Kudos

Hi All,

currently we are using PI 7.1. with SAP EHP 1 SPS 09. we would like to install a DAE, so can we use AEX as DAE, if we install AEX can this AEX can use the current PI 7.1. ID. IR objects.

Our objects are ready in current PI but we would like to have a DAE and we need to switch the current PI channel to AEX in ID by just changing the Adapter engine from CAE to DAE ? or do we need to redevelop the objects in AEX ?

Please advice,

Thanks -

Lakshman

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

arunneerolil
Contributor
0 Kudos

Laxman,

AEX is from NW 7.3 version only.

If your PI and AEX are on same version, you can use the same ESR for both and during the configuration select where the ICO will run.

You can reuse the existing PI objects(AEX compatible) objects and no need of redevelopments.

Also for a centralized monitoring you will have to use the Solution Manager.

I believe you will have to upgrade your current PI to the same version as that of AEX.

regards,

Arun

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

AFAIK - For AEX (Integrated Configurations), both sender and receiver channels should run on the same engine.

So i don't think it's possible for you to  have AEX as a decentral AE to host/run one of your channels on it.

What you can do is.

Install AEX  and enable the communication b/w two Pi systems using soap adapter.

All the development and mappings will be on your PI system and a pass through scenario on AEX.

0 Kudos

Hi

Scenario is from external -> pi - > ecc, so we are planning DAE as AEX for soap sender from three to internal pi IE, from IE messages has to send to ECC, and it is synchronous flow. As this is external communication we can not give access our current pi so we need to have DAE,

We can install AEX as DAE but i am looking does the DAE AEX can use correct PI ID and IR or not and is the AEX can support for PI 7.1?

asdasd_asdasd
Active Participant
0 Kudos

It does not seem possible, see this System Landscape Recommendations for SAP NetWeaver Process Orchestration 7.3 EhP1.3 if you "7.1" was a "7.31" could use "Central ESR"

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The AEX is an indepenent installaion and cannot access ESR or ID from your current PI 7.1. However you can easily transport your PI ESR/ID objects to AEX. In my opinion it is a valid aproach to install am AEX in DMZ to allow customers/partner to send messages.

former_member184720
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>>>We can install AEX as DAE but i am looking does the DAE AEX can use correct PI ID and IR or not and is the AEX can support for PI 7.1?

I agree with Stefan on the usage of IR and ID.

Having said that, you don't need to have any design object even it is on the sender side.

Just define a pass through scenario on AEX and hold all your mappings in your PI system.

0 Kudos

Hi Hareesh,

We need to develop synchronous scenario like below :

External <--> PI 7.3 AEX <--> PI7.1 <--> SAP ECC

If we develop pass through scenario at AEX then how we can handle the response from Pi7.1 to PI 7.3 AEX to External customer.

Please help me on this, thanks in advance

-Lakshman