Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Java SAPGUI Rev 4 for Mac OSX not displaying login screen

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have Java SAPGUI rev 3 & rev 4 installed side by side and both patches give a login pad with systems list but revision 4 does not display a login screen even though it connects successfully. I can see the connecting progress bar but then nothing. The window list displays two windows but when you click on the connected system window it just takes the focus off the login pad, no login screen displayed ?!

I am using Oracle Java 8 Update 60 running on Yosemite 10.10.5

Edit: I have reinstalled, cleared Java cache etc but it is still not displaying the login screen for some reason. Rev3 works without issue.

Regards,

Nelis

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just noticed something. If I click on Window -> "Adjust window to standard size" then a login screen appears but it is missing some elements. It also does not appear again once I close the session and I again have to go to Window -> Adjust window to standard size for it to appear if I connect.

Strange. This is 740 Rev 4..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello. Strange problem. I use SAP GUI for Java 7.40 rev 1 on Yosemite 10.10.5 it works OK.

I use java:

java -version

java version "1.8.0_45"

Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_45-b14)

Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 25.45-b02, mixed mode)

Try to deinstall java and go back to mac os java.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also I downloaded rev 4 - all ok

Date: 28.08. 13:03:57.714

-----------------------------------------------------------

System Details

-----------------------------------------------------------

Java VM: Oracle Corporation Version 1.8.0_45

Java Directory: /Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_45.jdk/Contents/Home/jre

Home Directory: /Users/ikostylev

Current Directory: /Applications/SAP Clients/SAPGUI 7.40rev4

You can try to create a new mac os user and try to run rev 4 there.

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for letting me know Igor. Actually I have several people using Rev 4 without issue on their Mac's but for some reason I can't use it because of the problem I have already mentioned. 7.40 Rev 3 works fine for me so I will continue to use that.

I thought I would list my problem here anyway in case someone else encounters it and has a fix.

Nelis

Former Member
0 Kudos

What kind of theme are you using? I got exactly the same problem when using the Corbu theme. Switching to the Blue Crystal theme fixed the issue for me.

nelis
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Aha ! ...well done Henkjan, you found the bug. I knew it wasn't just me 😉

I was using the Corbu theme too in Rev 4 and changing this has fixed the issue.

It is now working.

Thanks,

Nelis

RMW
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

Indeed, there is an issue with the disabled state of the "new session" icon in the toolbar, when using the Corbu theme.

With back-ends sending the "new session" button, 7.40 rev 4 has this issue on the logon screen.

With back-ends not supporting this button, or when you connect using SNC and have only one client for your user (as a result the logon screen is skipped), there is no such problem.

In case you are affected, please use Signature Design or Blue Crystal until a new version is available.

Best regards

Rolf-Martin

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

That explains why I could not see the issue
I had switched to "Blue Crystal" by default.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Could it be an issue with the Java Runtime version?

It seems that 1.8.0_45 works but _60 does not?

I tested 10.10.4 which works fine, am in the process of testing 10.10.5

Update: 10.10.5 seems fine so far. Possibly this is a Java VM version issue.

Jude