Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

"NO_FIELDCATALOG_AVAILABLE" Exception using alv_grid->set_table_for_first

Hi Everyone,

I am creating a simple ALV report with double click detection and reading a long text field with FM READ_TEXT. This is then displayed in an another window that is docked to the right of the ALV (This is called with the HANDLER

xyz->handle_double_click FOR alv_grid)

When I call method "set_table_for_first_display" of CLASS CL_GUI_ALV_GRID, I keep getting error Exception condition "NO_FIELDCATALOG_AVAILABLE" raised.

A RAISE statement in the program "CL_GUI_ALV_GRID===============CP" raised the

exception

condition "NO_FIELDCATALOG_AVAILABLE".

I feel this error is being triggered because I am not passing the correct parameters to I_STRUCTURE_NAME. I have constructed a static fieldcat that is available to use as well. When I pass in this fieldcat to I_STRUCTURE_NAME it throws the error.

I cant pass in a generic structure because I queried roughly 5 separate tables and combined them into an Output table.

Any suggestions??

Thanks in advance for your help.

- Dan -

Tags:
Former Member
replied

Ok, well, you can simply implement the ALV container as well as the text editor in a dynpro instead of docking containers.

So in your program.............

*Selection-screen defintion.

start-of-selection.

perform get_data.
  call screen 100.

You would get your data in the START-OF-SELECTION event and then call your screen. In this screen you would have two containers one for the ALV and one for the text editor. Most of the coding would be the same, instead of have that code in the AT SELECTION-SCREEN OUTPUT event, it should be within a MODULE of the PBO of your screen.

Regards

Rich Heilman

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question