Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Attachments to an Event Message in the Web Interface

pietro_marovello
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I want to configure the system in order to have the possibility to add an attachment in the EM Web Interface.

I followed the steps as described here: Adding Attachments to Event Messages - Event - SAP Library

As you can see in my screenshots, I'm able to add the attachment in the event message and, after saving, a field indicates that, for that event, there is an attachment but my question is: how can I display the attachment?

Thanks for your answer!

Pietro

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pietro,

there should be an icon that you can click:

What file type does your attachment have? Maybe the browser is not able to display it.

But the you should at least get the option for download.

Best regards,

Steffen

pietro_marovello
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Steffen,

your answer allowed me to understand the problem: in the "Event Display Details", for the configured field I set "Detail screens" instead of "All screens": now I can see the icon and the attached document.

Another question: is it possible to attach for an event more than one document? I tryed to create two configured fields, but I can display in the message profile only one.

Thank you!

Pietro

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pietro,

SAP EM doesn't have capability to add more than one attachment in an event message.  We had discussed this issue a month back.

Please find follow link Multiple Attachments in SAP EM | SCN

Regards

GGOPII

pietro_marovello
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Gopi,

Thanks for your answer.

Best regards,

Pietro

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pietro_marovello
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

do you know if there is a technical limit about the size (in mb) of the attachments that it's possible to upload?

Where the attachments are stored and what is the total space available?

Best regards,

Pietro

former_member190756
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pietro,

attachments are stored in the database in tables:

/SAPTRX/EVM_AFB           Contents of a binary file
/SAPTRX/EVM_AFH           Attached File Header, Event Message
/SAPTRX/EVM_AFR           Attached File Reference, Event Message

So the limits are based on your used database software.

Best regards,

Steffen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pietro,

Though there is no technical limitation, we should not advise upload huge size through event message or through WebUI.

We should document in functional design to limit the size of the upload size (recommended would be 4 MB).  Otherwise, the business user/event message sending very large attachments may cause performance problems and result in timeout errors sometimes.

Regards

GGOPII